Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, saving up for a wedding I'm really only doing little stuff to the truck or whatever the budget allows me too.
My girl came home from work today and tells me that since tmrw is V-day she would be willing to get me anything on my list but she would have to pick. She picked the Nitrous kit. I wish She would have picked the cam but I'm grateful with whatever she can get me since we are planning a wedding. I Told her I didn't need it know but in any case she's willing/ allowing me to put the kit in. Sorry Ekaz maybe we can work on getting that cam put in in March for my bday lol. So, to my big Question...does anyone in Chicago have a kit in? And if so would you be willing to meet up and talk about the kit. Also, be willing to take a look at my kit. Didn't know if I'm missing parts or what's all there since I got it as a payment. But as the title states I need a nitrous 101 class form the Chicago crew. Or anyone that is willing to jump in. If you need pics I can do that too if it would help the non Chicago guys.
Thanks for your input in advance.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Just run a hose from the bottle into the intake tube before the throttle body..DONE. LOL

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha this guy. No my question is more like what size jet are they running with the set up, would miles play a factor, and also seeing if I'm missing any parts.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
150 shot with a very good tune and call it a day man...you'll love it!

What all do you have? What kit, what accessories? Any controllers? Heater? Purge? Blow down kit? There's more to a proper nitrous setup than just the standard kits come with...
I have the ZEX kit with the heater purge blow down. I'll take pics of everything when I get home and post them. It was given to me as a payment. They where in the hole a few hundred bucks and I took the kit as payment. The only thing is it comes out of an eclipse. I think the lines are 2 short. So I'm trying to get some parts from the for sale section. I also been to some shops to get a price on everything. They are the ones that told me i need longer lines. So I'm on the hunt....

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
You'll need some sending lines as usual, but can you tell me which ZEX NMU you have? You have to remember that the ZEX kits are pretty limited to what kind of power they can support, that NMU box has a fuel and a nitrous solenoid built into the unit...kinda tiny if you think about it...

I would suggest selling the kit for 500 or so, maybe even more, I don't know what the actual value is retail on it and then pick up either a brand X or nitrous outlet kit that supports more flow...that way you don't have to worry about picking up the rest of the misc parts etc..

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'll need some sending lines as usual, but can you tell me which ZEX NMU you have? You have to remember that the ZEX kits are pretty limited to what kind of power they can support, that NMU box has a fuel and a nitrous solenoid built into the unit...kinda tiny if you think about it...

I would suggest selling the kit for 500 or so, maybe even more, I don't know what the actual value is retail on it and then pick up either a brand X or nitrous outlet kit that supports more flow...that way you don't have to worry about picking up the rest of the misc parts etc..
You do bring up a good point about selling this one and getting something else. I have taken pictures of what I have and will be posting them up. Maybe I only need a few things and I’m trying to get all this other stuff I don’t need we will see. I have also printed out some things from the ZEX website and what should be in the kit. I hope this should help me with seeing what I have/ missing.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
Yup, that's always a good thing to do. Plenty of research on the particular parts you have just so you get a good idea of what it is capable of, the standard Zex kits they make for the lx/lc platform only support a total of 125, no matter what over sized jets you use, that's just how little those solenoids inside that NMU box are capable of flowing. With the nitrous outlet kits, you have solenoids that are good for 250 flow or more depending on the kit etc...that gives you room one day to sell to whom ever may want it, race car guy, street racer, who ever really...but if you had the zex kit and tried to sell it to a guy looking to shoot 200 on his F body for example, it would be useless to him.

Plus having a hemi specific kit is always nice with the tb plate setup for your whip. Gives you better atomization right into your manifold vs a whacked out single nozzle and having to drill a hole into your intake. Just my thoughts...

Skip

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Yup, that's always a good thing to do. Plenty of research on the particular parts you have just so you get a good idea of what it is capable of, the standard Zex kits they make for the lx/lc platform only support a total of 125, no matter what over sized jets you use, that's just how little those solenoids inside that NMU box are capable of flowing. With the nitrous outlet kits, you have solenoids that are good for 250 flow or more depending on the kit etc...that gives you room one day to sell to whom ever may want it, race car guy, street racer, who ever really...but if you had the zex kit and tried to sell it to a guy looking to shoot 200 on his F body for example, it would be useless to him.

Plus having a hemi specific kit is always nice with the tb plate setup for your whip. Gives you better atomization right into your manifold vs a whacked out single nozzle and having to drill a hole into your intake. Just my thoughts...

Skip
blah, blah, blah.....hose from bottle to intake tube. :D:silly::fight:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at my kit right now and it seems to really only be missing a few things. Like the ZEX box, fuel lines, and maybe one thing from the purge kit. Have to really look in to that. Also, I'm looking at the line right now and don't think it's long enough. I have a ported TB so I would be connecting to it. I got pics that I'm trying to post but f'n thing isn't letting me. I'm going to try and see if I can just have my cam put in instead. lol I have to look into this more. I really only want it for the track and I only go 2-3 x a yr. haven't been with the jeep yet.

Ekaz I'll be hitting you up and a few weeks to talk abut the cam and maybe some other stuff. I know you are in and out of town for work so I'll see what happens in the upcoming days. Got a new job at CPS and the lady friend got a new job in the ER. So, let's make this cam thing happen.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Listen to Skip, he knows his Giggle Gas!! ;)

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Looking at my kit right now and it seems to really only be missing a few things. Like the ZEX box, fuel lines, and maybe one thing from the purge kit. Have to really look in to that. Also, I'm looking at the line right now and don't think it's long enough. I have a ported TB so I would be connecting to it. I got pics that I'm trying to post but f'n thing isn't letting me. I'm going to try and see if I can just have my cam put in instead. lol I have to look into this more. I really only want it for the track and I only go 2-3 x a yr. haven't been with the jeep yet.

Ekaz I'll be hitting you up and a few weeks to talk abut the cam and maybe some other stuff. I know you are in and out of town for work so I'll see what happens in the upcoming days. Got a new job at CPS and the lady friend got a new job in the ER. So, let's make this cam thing happen.

After next week I should be done with the traveling for a while. I have one other Jeep to work on ahead of yours but that should only take a few hours to knock out. Shoot me a text and we can get something planned.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait a minute...the guy didn't give you the zex nmu(purple box with solenoids in it)?

If that's the case you need to call his ass and start *****ing, that's the heart of the system...
No bro. Don't have that box. I looked all over the place. So, at this point I'm just going to sell it and get a new kit.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea man, that blows...hit me up when you want that kit, I'll get you a good deal on the Nitrous Outlet kit for the Hemi's. They have some of the best stuff out there.

Skip
Last time I posted was what the 15th I been looking all over the for 5 day for that fin' box. lol. PM sent skip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.