Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been talking to my installer and he knows i am saving some loot for the procharger SC kit. i told him realisticly ill be able to buy it around the middle of next season and if all goes reall well then maybee at the start of next season(gives the kit time to prove itself). i was asking him what i can do in the meantime to get some more HP and he threw the nitrious thing at me since i have pretty much all the bolt ons available except for some minor things that wont really produce HP. i have always been against it but he covinced me to do some reading and i think i wanna give it a shot. litterally.lol. so i have been doing allot of reading the last couple of hours and i think i am intrested in a NX kit. i am not wanting to go with a big shot cause i wanna keep my engine in really good shape soo im thinking about 50 or 75 shot(HP) all who have experience with nitrious on our rigs please chime and and talk to me.i have mentioned my birthday is in about a week and i am now thinking of making my girl get me the whole kit but without the bottle.( oh yea and i wanna run 2 bottles if i can cause it just looks mean ill have them painted lime green) ill get the kit installed and then buy the bottles and throw them in after i get them painted. i want a little bit of a fancy kit but i dont want to go nuts having to buy a new TB. what do you guys reccomned? thanks

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also what kind of HP/ times would i see with my mods and say a 75 shot. doing more reading and maybee a 100 shot...

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should be running 12.0 12.4 with the mods you got no?

i will find out tomnorrow if it dont raIN IM HEADED TO THE TRACK. LAST TIME OUT I RAN 12.8'S BUT IT WAS PRETTY WARM AND HUMID AND da WAS CRAP. BUT YES AT LEAST 12.5'S ALL DAY I SHOULD BE AT..

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I have 2 nitrous bottles that im not using. Let me know if you want to buy em for cheap...I can mail them out to you. I have the lines that connect them together as well...

One is a white NX bottle and the other is a purple Zex bottle. Perfect condition. Brackets included too

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keoni what sizes are they? Can I use 2 different brand bottles? Is it a dual bracket? How much?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Keoni what sizes are they? Can I use 2 different brand bottles? Is it a dual bracket? How much?

Make me an offer....yes, you can use 2 different bottles...both 10#...if you paint them, you wouldd never know

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are they empty or full? Probaly a dumb question? $150? I'm not sure what I should offer Ill be new to the n02 game. Haha

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Empty silly, you can't ship NOS. :rofl:

Don't waste your time with a 75 shot, go right to 100 shot. Its the perfect amount for what you want. I sprayed 100 shot from 2nd gear, on a very conservative tune and ran 11.91. I'll dig up my videos to show how it hits when the nitrous sprays.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I've shipped a couple bottles full of nitrous before. Didn't want to waste it lol. Post office never knew.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
BTW, a 125 or even a 150 shot with some race fuel would get you into the mid 11's, without putting serious strain on the engine. Its not like your going to spray it all day, every day......only 11 seconds at a time ;). I sprayed my stock engine, and when Chris tore it open to do the cam he said it looked like brand new inside.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
BTW, if you decide to go this route I have a brand new Auto Meter Cobalt NOS guage, and a brand new NX Hemi fuel rail adapter for sale. I also have a standard Nitrous Outlet bottle bracket that I never used, you can have it.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
This means we can finally line up and play a fair Race , 125 Shot vs my Vortech 8lbs = 125 hp :)

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AWSOOOOOOME!!LOL

I've shipped a couple bottles full of nitrous before. Didn't want to waste it lol. Post office never knew.
i dont blame you y waste it??

This means we can finally line up and play a fair Race , 125 Shot vs my Vortech 8lbs = 125 hp :)
oh its on now paulo!! bottles are ordered and kit is comming. ordering kit this week comming... im pretty stoked about this

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW, if you decide to go this route I have a brand new Auto Meter Cobalt NOS guage, and a brand new NX Hemi fuel rail adapter for sale. I also have a standard Nitrous Outlet bottle bracket that I never used, you can have it.
trigger has been pulled buddy. i think the kit im getting comes with the adapter// im doin the proton wet system

is there a nos gauge that goes in the cab or just the ones for the bottle??

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Make sure you get some colder plugs if you go above 100 shot.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts