·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
6 parts

·
Silver & Satin
3,750 Posts
Saw this back when it was uploaded. Can't stand amplified now, was way better when they were first starting out with the first shop in Norcal and had 20-30 minute videos.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I followed the whole build. I think they posted the final 6th video Monday. I found it entertaining.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
BTW, I contacted them to see how much it would be to build a duplicate box for me and was quoted $2000.

That's probably a good price for a custom fiberglass box, however I think I will stick with the JL Stealthbox.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Good video but if I had spent the $ for the upgraded HK system, I don't think I'd let anyone mess with it.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Would really be interested to hear how this thing sounded. I have 2 sets of the Audison Voce 6.5 components, the Voce 3.0, and 2 Voce 12 subs which have been waiting for install in my WK1 for ever a year. Think i want custom door panels and sub enclusure too, but really tough to find good designer and installer which doest cost a arm and leg. To me $2k sounds crazy high for just sub enclosure build...

·
Silver & Satin
3,750 Posts
Not suprised it's 2k to me it's justified.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
All good work costs you and they guys look like they do sick work so I get it...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey all, this is actually my car. Doug is my cousin and has been doing some of the cleanest most impressive installations the audio world has seen for years. He's been around it his entire life, his pops opened a car audio shop like over 30 years ago. Anyway, the system is insane, literally the cleanest sound I think I've ever heard, home or car audio. And the install is world class, bottom line. It doesn't get less intrusive or cleaner. I could restore this to stock in a heartbeat if needed, and it is literally generational in terms of lifespan. Nothing but quality. I'll post more pics soon. I couldn't be more thrilled with the way it sounds and the way it has enhanced driving the SRT8. The HK audio upgrade, as everyone who has it knows, is complete junk, absolutely night and day.

·
Silver & Satin
3,750 Posts
Crazy!^^^

You should post a walk-around video of the system.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@JLIconM3 yes please post more pics!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Can anyone comment on the cost on the speakers/amps to get this done, love the setup and would love to get rid of the factory system!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts