Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After another Goodyear went bad I want to replace all 4 of my POS Goodyears but I have a problem...

I need a tire that is good in the summer but also good in the winter. I have basically seen that the tire size people are running are 275/315. Does anyone have any suggestions at either stock or larger size that I won't be absolutely f**ked with in the winter??

A separate set of winter tires are my dream but out of the question, I don't have that much to spend :(

Help meh! lol

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Toyo Proxes STII's 275/315

I love mine. Such a smooth ride. :)

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Don't listen to the crook ... They are hard as rock next to the vreds .. I ran STII 's for 12k and now have the Vreds ... Get the Vreds and DO NOT LOOK Back ..

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Nitto NT420's are also considered an all season tire, I ran them for a winter & they were great. The guy I sold them to ran them last winter and I think he is going to use them this upcoming winter too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't listen to the crook ... They are hard as rock next to the vreds .. I ran STII 's for 12k and now have the Vreds ... Get the Vreds and DO NOT LOOK Back ..
you running these in 275/315?

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
He wanted something that works for winter as well Paul.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So am I screwed in finding a good all-season tire in these sizes? I really need to order some soon... but im weary if there not going get me to work in snow. I live in north-eastern IL near the Lake so it snows quite a bit here

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Toyo proxes 4 are mud and snow rated...

I love them on the street so far..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Toyo proxes 4 are mud and snow rated...

I love them on the street so far..
What sizes are you using? Didn't see the 275/315 as an available size for those on Toyo's website... :confused:

Tread pattern looks good though :cool:

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
I have 20x9 reps.. so im running 275/40's front and rear.. I thought I saw 315's but Maybe 275's were the biggest..

I ran STII's on my ram though and loved them.. so either or..

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
Gotta pay to play I guess. I know you said its outta the question but I'd say save more up and grab a set of vred for summer the the stock rims, and invest in some blizzaks with aftermarket rims. The michigan winters were nothing for my blizzaks to go through some deep snow, best mods for my jeep and think are best cause they make you feel safe.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
nitto invos are whats on the jeep... zero complaints about them... although, I have no idea on snow/ice conditions with them. some fellas up north will need to comment on that part. In warm weather and rain type conditions, they are great.

I still cant bring myself to get the VREDS... lol... I'm too OCD to have one tire tread look backwards from viewing the jeep from the rear.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotta pay to play I guess. I know you said its outta the question but I'd say save more up and grab a set of vred for summer the the stock rims, and invest in some blizzaks with aftermarket rims. The michigan winters were nothing for my blizzaks to go through some deep snow, best mods for my jeep and think are best cause they make you feel safe.
I hear you man. I would LOVE to do that. I figured if I go with something somewhat decent in the winter to get me through this upcoming season I can save up enough to get some winter tires. That would be amazing!

·
Registered
419 Posts
You can't put a price on safety for yourself and those riding with you. Get Blizzaks now on stock rims (actually wait until October when temps stay low or you'll wear them out), save your pennies, then pick up repos with summer rubber come spring. All seasons are a poor compromise in any season.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
You can't put a price on safety for yourself and those riding with you. Get Blizzaks now on stock rims (actually wait until October when temps stay low or you'll wear them out), save your pennies, then pick up repos with summer rubber come spring. All seasons are a poor compromise in any season.

I agree.... if $ isnt a huge factor.... this is by far the best and safest way to go about it all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So Im thinking I am going with Continental DWS's.
275/40ZR20 XL fronts
315/35ZR20 XL rears

They are back ordered on tire rack so im going to call a tire shop near me and see if they can get em in soon.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Toyo Proxy ST II's will never let you down.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts