Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I must agree... but the WJ never came with a 400+ hp motor! Some will argue that the SRTGCs aren’t real JEEPS as well because of their lack of off road ability but that’s why I love them...total sleeper!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I must agree... but the WJ never came with a 400+ hp motor!
I hear ya'.
I'd love to put the SRT's driveline in my 2004 GC. Now, THAT would be a sleeper. (stock wheels, stance, hidden exhaust. etc....)
Probably not feasible.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I hear ya'.
I'd love to put the SRT's driveline in my 2004 GC. Now, THAT would be a sleeper. (stock wheels, stance, hidden exhaust. etc....)
Probably not feasible.
Problem with the WJ's is Frame Rails to tiny to put a Hemi in was discussed for years. Now if you wanted to make some Monster 4.7 or something anything is possible with Money, Wouldn't even need a new Transfer case the 242HD Tcase is a monster.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If someone were to take on the task of putting an SRT driveline in a WJ, enlargilng the frame rails would just be another aspect of the swap, and not even the most difficult part

·
Registered
2007 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee
176 Posts
The WJ’s had the 4.7 HO motor. That counts right? I don’t recall what it put out over the “stock” 4.7 but that’s something.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry, I didn’t get into Jeep’s until the SRTs, but which one came with the 5.9?

·
Registered
160 Posts
The WJ’s had the 4.7 HO motor. That counts right? I don’t recall what it put out over the “stock” 4.7 but that’s something.
As I recall, it was 275hp vs. the standard 4.7's 245hp
Adequate, but not terribly much by today's standards.
Sorry, I didn’t get into Jeep’s until the SRTs, but which one came with the 5.9?
I think it was the XJ.

·
Registered
2007 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee
176 Posts
It was the ZJ that had the 5.9 I believe and was pretty quick in the day.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I love all GC SRT's sound system.
I'm talking about the sound that issues from the tailpipes.
Better than any guitar/drums......

21 - 32 of 32 Posts