Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an article about the latest GC. It will now have third row seating and initially be available with the 3.6 and 5.7. The article said it will be called the Grand Cherokee L?!?!

I wasn’t very impressed with the styling. It doesn’t look as sleek as the WK2

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
There's supposed to be a non-three row version that will be 9 inches shorter. I'm not a fan, looks like a wagoneer and an explorer had a one night stand. I'll wait to see one in person. That lower grille opening reminds me of Kia or something.
I wonder if anyone still thinks the WK2 is ugly now that this was released. lol

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There’s nothing distinct about it! It looks like ANY other family hauler SUV... VW, KIA, Ford, etc. Im curious how they’re gonna spice it up for the SRT version, or if there will even be one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm with you guys, I prefer the looks of the wk2, particularly in srt/trackhawk guise. It will interesting to see how the more upright front end will play out on the shorter 2-row GC. After what I've seen, I'm certainly in no rush to trade in my srt.

That new interior is a home run, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee
177 Posts
I agree the interior looks amazing, however the shift dial is straight mall crawler. Hard pass!!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was a little disappointed when the got rid of the hand e-brake from the WK1 to the WK2... but now the SHIFT LEVER!!!!! The END is near...

·
Registered
2007 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee
177 Posts
I also thought I saw the spare tire exposed underneath the rear of the vehicle. For those who drive in the winter, and road salt is used, that is the worse place for it. Another hard pass.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it will be fine if they really have a 8" shorter two row version in SRT guise. Here's an article: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Adds Three Rows of Seats and Lots More Luxury with clearer pics. My gripes with the 3 row are this
1) too big, thats what the Wagoneer was supposed to be for or the Durango.
2) The C pillar chrome line makes it look like a family hauler mom mobile... which it is so thats ok but need to see SRT version.
3) No one says if it actually cut the fat of the current generation. Would be nice if 4500-4600 lbs or less (F150 now weighs 4100-5000 depending on version).
4) The upscale version looks much better then the lower intake below the bumper on the cheap model.
5) interior will look more appealing to SRT owners minus the miles of wood etc... It is an upgrade and is atleast more coherent then the ipad glued to the dash look of many recent designs.
6) I sure hope there is no giant mandatory moon roof.
7) If the 2 row version is the same length or almost the same length my next vehicle will probably be an X3M instead. (I have had terrible BMW luck but its better then buying something way too big for me)

·
Registered
160 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, the Grand Cherokee started NOT looking like a Jeep in 2005, after the end of the WJ models. This 2021 has taken a big step towards anonymity in a world of Kia's and Ford's.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, the Grand Cherokee started NOT looking like a Jeep in 2005, after the end of the WJ models. This 2021 has taken a big step towards anonymity in a world of Kia's and Ford's.
WJ Was the Last real Grand Cherokee if you wanna argue that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts