Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 SRT Cherokee. Tried to start just cranks, had to push the starter button again to stop cranking. This happened about 6 times, tried another key fob same problem. Disconnected the battery for 5 minutes, still only crank over. Mashed my gas pedal to the floor, let it off and tried starting fired right up. Next day same issue, took it to the dealer. They had it all day and no issues (not surprised). Today wife took (her SRT) running around shopping after her third stop the Jeep fired up but ran rough before shutting down. She tried to start again and it only cranked over, she then mashed the gas pedal down then proceeded to start ...it fires right up. Now what?? Give it back to the dealer and let them have it all week to find the problem.

I did notice while it only cranked it did show the ignition spark logo light up. Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you figure anything out for this? I'm having pretty much the same issue with my 2013.

Here's a video I took of it happening. I started recording after the first start where it died after about 2-3 seconds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2012 and it does this. I think in the past someone mentioned it has to do with the fuel pump and TIPMAN issue. There was a recall where it added a jumper for the fuel pump .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine has done this in the past when the battery is dying in my fob ... it cranks for like 10 seconds and I freak out. Its probably a low probability though with yours if you tried the different fob. You could use the key instead of the push button for a few days and see if it still happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine had the same problem After a few days, they figured out that it was the fuel pump relay, which was a recall on all 2012 WK2's. Have them check that. Since then, i havent had any start up issues. (knocking on wood)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine had the same problem After a few days, they figured out that it was the fuel pump relay, which was a recall on all 2012 WK2's. Have them check that. Since then, i havent had any start up issues. (knocking on wood)

On Facebook a few people said that they had the recall done but started having the problem again. They ended up buying a new relay to replace the one from the recall and have been done since. I just ordered a new relay and it should be here Monday. Hopefully that’s all it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi folks,

Having this issue too. Exactly the same as above. Was it the relay that sorted your issue?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you figure anything out for this? I'm having pretty much the same issue with my 2013.

Here's a video I took of it happening. I started recording after the first start where it died after about 2-3 seconds.
I mate, same issue as i face, how did you rectify?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts