Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been working on this one for a while, finally got it done.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great Zac, nicely done. I was just about to text ya to see if you got it reinstalled yet. Haha

Jim
Just got it on like 10 min ago. Makes the engine bay look clean again with the liner back in. I wonder how much engine sound I will lose now with it back?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks awesome, great job. What did you use?
Through trial and error I ended up using auto touch up paints. I destroyed my first liner while testing ideas and paints out. It's not easy to paint, it's like painting a sponge lol. I used a brush on loctite super glue to seal the surface. After a few coats of super glue I sanded smooth. I used a black sharpie paint pen to lay the base paint so if any more soaked in and to help seal the fabric. After that auto clear coat again to seal. Then red auto paint, many coats. Then a couple light coats of clear followed by a heavy "pooled" coat to get a smoother finish.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks damn good. Simply but adds a nice touch.
Thanks. Yeah, I just wanted it to stand out more since it's already embossed in the liner.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
loaded my phone pics finally. Here are the in-between shots.

·
Registered
169 Posts
remove it do not mod it waste of money for spray and time

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
remove it do not mod it waste of money for spray and time
Once the rest of the painted pieces get in the engine bay it'll be part of the theme ;) It's only a few bucks to paint yourself.

Some guys like that race car look with the liner gone. I prefer it in. No real pro or cons to leaving it in or taking it out IMO. Changes hear-able engine noise, that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
Looks awesome, nice visual mod.... how about heat though, will it crack under high temps?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks awesome, nice visual mod.... how about heat though, will it crack under high temps?
Looks fine after after a day of driving. There shouldn't be an issues with heat. Can't imagine it getting over 250 at that location.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks good!...if paint didn't work out im sure u could have done something with sewing/stitching to get the same look.
I thought about painted vinyl stickers too. I like the paint since it has a good shine to it and some depth.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Nice mod.

Roll Out!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.