Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Anybody gonna give these a shot for the winter?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
they suck Jim!!
Yeah thats what I have heard bro.... I have driven them in the winter, but there was no snow out....

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
The GY work great in the snow. I did 2 winters in Alberta with them. If you think they suck, you can't drive.
Well good to know that the goodyears work well in the snow....

Thanks man!

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
The GY work great in the snow. I did 2 winters in Alberta with them. If you think they suck, you can't drive.
Yeh even my wife did 1 winter with them, of course we don't get the snow you do. I bought winter rims & tires for hers more to save DB's than anything else. They don't like road salt.

Jim

·
Registered
419 Posts
The Goodyears are marginal in the dry and flat out SUCK in the rain so I'm mystified at how they could possibly do any good in snow especially stopping. I guess you can make it by as long as you can drive.

I started driving on snows Nov-Mar about 5 years ago and will never go back. Used to drive my '05 V with Blizzaks around SUVs running crap all seasons all the time. Looking forward to the first year in the SRT8 riding on DM-V1s. I'm anticipating it will be an absolute beast. For anyone who has never driven on snows, and I mean on all four corners, accelerating is one thing but you can stop an a dime even with ice. Truly confidence inspiring. Plus you save your wheels from salt if you have a dedicated set of snow tires/wheels.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have done 2 winters here in colorado. They are fine in the snow. I mean snow tires are definitely going to be better because they are made specifically for that. Mine is a DD and we get ice, snow, water all conditions. I dont take the jeep up to the mountains for snowboarding because of how wide the tires are other than that its great around town in the snow.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I have done 2 winters here in colorado. They are fine in the snow. I mean snow tires are definitely going to be better because they are made specifically for that. Mine is a DD and we get ice, snow, water all conditions. I dont take the jeep up to the mountains for snowboarding because of how wide the tires are other than that its great around town in the snow.
What exact tires do you have?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Sorry Knuckles, Im unfortunetly still running the stock runcraps. I'll be picking up some Vreds for summer though. I figure I'd rather have better tires for summer. I just adjust my driving habits for winter driving.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I put these Toyo´s (275/315) under my ride about two weeks ago. I have only driven them about 500 miles, only in wet and dry conditions. No snow or ice yet.
I like them but I cant compare them with the old runflats because they were completely worn out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone who says the runflats are even remotely good in the winter have obviously never had winter tires... Yes I have run the runflats in the winter and they are a flat out death trap if you have to do anything out of your control...

Mind you the supercharger doesn't help. lol

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
sbnolan... supercharger or not the stockers absolutely blow compared to a real snow tire. Anyone who gets an actual winter should be on snow tires PERIOD.

You can drive the Jeep on any tire in the snow, that doesn't make it good, and it doesn't make it right.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I ran the Goodyear's last year during the brutal Maine winter traveling 70 miles a day for work. Also chased storms up to the ski slopes without any issue. AWD, T/C and ABS make any tire work with our rigs. Not going to beat a dedicated winter set, but if you end up in a ditch it would not be the Goodyear's fault.

·
Registered
419 Posts
With the stock GY's or any all season for that matter you definitely can, "do just fine", "get by with no problem", or "make it all winter without an issue."

HOWEVER, with dedicated winter tires on this Jeep you ATTACK the snow, you pray for bad weather just to have a day of fun and you can't wait to beat your personal best 0-60 in 4 inches of fresh powder...YOU DRIVE A SNOW BEAST! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts