Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 Black SRT8 GC and absolutely love it. I owned a 2010 Ram before and wanted to get something faster and sportier but at the same time stay with the truck/SUV route. I came across these rare freaks and fell in love right away. Knowing that my buddy had the Trailblazer SS and that there would be chirps and battles going on, I clearly had to get the Jeep.

Anyways, other than the K & N Aircharger, it is completely bone stock. I'm curious to know if there are any minor mods, exterior and interior, that I can do to the Jeep to make it quicker and look sleeker.... I'm not looking to have the nicest GC SRT8 or be the fastest on the streets but I wouldn't mind adding some style points as well as some hp here or there.

Other then the obvious mods, for example tinted Windows, does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks!

· Registered
831 Posts
Get a catchcan and go for a full CAI, either BWoody or Volant seem to be the popular ones.

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It already has a full K & N CAI but I definitely will look into a catchcan.

Thanks for your response rglax, I appreciate it!

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Catch can is must to have n 180 tstat... N a custom tune..

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
The most bang for your buck in performance will always be a tune. A custom dynotune with mild bolt-ons such as full exhaust (headers + catback), 4" Cold-air intake, throttle body, thermostat, and an oil catch-can, will yield you reliable power for a reasonable price.

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have never of thought of a thermostat...

I'm on shophemi.com as we speak! Thanks for the input Jufjatt and navyavi!

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Is it difficult to install the thermostat and the Catchcan?
Catch can is very simple. One bolt and a couple hoses. Thermostat not to bad either. IMO the thermostat isn't worth it. Seems I'm always reading about problems with them. Leaking, etc...

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: TorbySRT8

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just purchased a catchcan, 180 tstat, CAI, and the Trinity Tuner.

Thanks for everyone's input!

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Thermostat is a good mod helps the jeep run much cooler but you will need a stant locking red cap and tie wraps for the header tank hoses to stop spray.
Really you also need a predator to alter the fan setting along with the lower running temps
No spray here for 2 months now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.