Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm new to these forums but not to the Mopar world.
I've had many Wranglers over the years. I just sold my latest one, an 03 Rubicon that was heavily modded and picked up an 08 JGC SRT8. This is my first SRT8 that I've owned. I traded in my Rubicon and my 02 Viper GTS towards it. I also have an 07 JGC Limited (the wife's vehicle).
I'm looking forward to learning more about these, specifically how to tastefully mod it. As of right now, it looks to have a Borla cat-back and a K&N CAI.

Thanks,

Rich

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Welcome to the forum. there is a lot of info here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. there is a lot of info here.
Thanks, I look forward to learning more about these vehicles. Like I said, I've owned many Jeeps/Mopars over the years. I built a 1st Gen Neon R/T from the ground up as a show and go vehicle. I built an SRT4 motor from the bare block and swapped it in. When I sold it, it was making 413 whp and 536 wtq.

·
Registered
414 Posts
welcome, lets c some pics

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some shots from the day I picked it up:

I need to find somebody I can borrow a set of wheels from for a week or two so that I can pull these wheels off and have them powdercoated satin black. Anybody here local to Kansas City?

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
nice ride. looks like some one did a lot of work to it already. nice and blacked out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice ride. looks like some one did a lot of work to it already. nice and blacked out.
They did. Unfortunately not all of it was done well. The rear lights were done with a film tint and it was peeling off and unevenly cut. I removed that which scuffed up the lights pretty badly so I had to refinish them and re-tint them correctly. I also had the windows tinted darker (20% more all the way around).

The wheels were painted, so it's flaking off in some spots so that's next on the list.

I also added in the Blendmount mirror mount and Invisicord for my V1 yesterday. Much cleaner.

Other plans are to transfer most of the audio/video and alarm/remote start/remote windows from my Viper to the Jeep. Then looking at a DiabloSport Trinity unit.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Welcome to the forum man......

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
id pull off that toyota sticker on the back as well......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts