Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I purchased an 09 Inferno Red, SRT8 Jeep last week from Cherryhill jeep. I'm sure it belonged to someone on this forum. The truck has a fully catted exhaust, Mopar from the cats back, high flow cats & long tube headers. Supposedly was traded for a 2012SRT Jeep. I would like to get more info if it did belong to someone on here. Its also throwing a check engine light, still runs fine. The dealer wants to replace the cat w/ a factory unit, No Way!

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
The check engine light is because of the cats and header setup.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Get a Diablo tuner of your choice and buy a tune and have them shut off the rear O2 sensors.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all of you for your help & knowledge! I've been on here for a while, knowing eventually I would get one of these beasts! Also I own an 08 SRT4 Caliber & also a member over there! The SRT family seams really tight! Im happy to be a part of it!

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Thanks! This is the kind of help I'm talking about! Will either of these help me with deactivating the 2 rear o-2 sensors? Thanks again:),
You will have to purchase a custom tune from a tuner and tell them you have headers. BTW, you will not pass emissions if you have them in your area.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
That's up to you. If it was me I would have them weld in factory cats where your aftermarket ones are. If you do, keep the aftermarket ones and sell them on here. I'm sure someone would buy them off of you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.