Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all! I'm from the Austin, TX area and have been on and off reading threads on this site for some time now. I've been on the lookout for a WK1 for awhile, and I think I've finally found THE ONE. She's a 2009 SRT8 in blue, 74k miles, and the owner had the Trackhawk kit from Chrysler installed (NA bored over to 7.0L). She is sitting in limp mode as we speak; the torque converter pump needs to be replaced. I'd love to buy this truck, but I'm trying to do some homework on the issue at hand. Any advice before I make an offer? Is it a DIY-able job, or if not, what kind of costs am I looking at to have that done?

Sorry for the derail from introduction to technical question, but I'd love to join the community and this is the only thing standing in my way. Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Dirty as all get-up while it sits awaiting repair at the current mechanic's place, but here she is in the flesh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. And, what is the "Trackhawk kit"?
That's a good question and I'm still a little puzzled. I've never heard of it before. I was going to start asking about that in the forums here, but I figured one question at a time was enough!

·
DONE
5,348 Posts
That's a good question and I'm still a little puzzled. I've never heard of it before. I was going to start asking about that in the forums here, but I figured one question at a time was enough!
Yeah, never heard of such a thing. Did the owner say that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, never heard of such a thing. Did the owner say that?
Yes, those were his words. He mentioned it was something that had to be special-ordered through a dealer; you could not just buy it like that off the lot.

I'm going to ask for some paperwork on it. I'm as skeptical as you are. Regardless, the truck is in awesome condition otherwise and only has 74k on the clock.

·
DONE
5,348 Posts
Yes, those were his words. He mentioned it was something that had to be special-ordered through a dealer; you could not just buy it like that off the lot.

I'm going to ask for some paperwork on it. I'm as skeptical as you are. Regardless, the truck is in awesome condition otherwise and only has 74k on the clock.
I'd definitely ask for paperwork...lol. Sounds like a BS'er to me. And if that's the case, I'd pass on it. Did he diagnose what the problem is or did a mechanic? And if it's a mechanic, was it his "buddy"? Just some things to think about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd definitely ask for paperwork...lol. Sounds like a BS'er to me. And if that's the case, I'd pass on it. Did he diagnose what the problem is or did a mechanic? And if it's a mechanic, was it his "buddy"? Just some things to think about.
I wouldn't put a little BS'ing past him. He's an older hot-rodder type that likes to talk big numbers, for sure. A lot of the things he said DID make sense, but yes, that "trackhawk kit" certain stood out to me. The issue was diagnosed by a reputable mechanic near my home. I will be talking to the mechanic directly tomorrow to gather more details.

·
DONE
5,348 Posts
I wouldn't put a little BS'ing past him. He's an older hot-rodder type that likes to talk big numbers, for sure. A lot of the things he said DID make sense, but yes, that "trackhawk kit" certain stood out to me. The issue was diagnosed by a reputable mechanic near my home. I will be talking to the mechanic directly tomorrow to gather more details.
Post up what you find out tomorrow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts