Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New GY RUNFLAT tires = no more spinning

I have noticed the rear tires spinning with just a little gas so i did a full launch from idel and they spun about 12ft. They spun the last time we went racing but i was getting the last few miles out of them. The tread is at the wear bar and i got 40,500 miles on them so i put the new 1s on and went to the same place and launched with no spinning. So i hope i can get the 60' back to the low 1.70 again. I just checked the price at tire rack on the rear GY RUNFLATS and the rears are $500 each and i got these 1 1/2 yrs ago at $435 each.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
What tires are you running Jim?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
GoodYears are absolute junk rip-offs for that kind of money. 2 grand for 20 inch rubber..........lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GoodYears are absolute junk rip-offs for that kind of money. 2 grand for 20 inch rubber..........lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I paid 1600 for 4 but this will probably be the last time i buy them because of the cost. They do hook for me and i did get my mopneys worth from the oem rears and theres probably 5000 to 7000 more miles left on them.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Congrats on the new shoes bud! I'd say you got your money's worth out of the first set. ;)

wink
Wink all the jeeps guy at the track wonders how i run low 1.70 60' with the gy runflats with just 2 mods and a race wt of 5190 lol.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Nice new Mod Jim :)

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
That's all we need Jim doing a quicker 60!:D

When are we going racing Jim?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Jim, I actually would love to be able to spin my wheels for a bit, but I know you only want them GYs to wrinkle their walls!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts