Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 SRT8 is ready for its first tire replacement (40k miles). The back tires are holding up nicely, but the fronts are shot. Is it OK to replace only the front?

I've read lots in the forum here, and I'm glad to see I don't need runflats. I believe my fronts are 255-45 and backs are 285-40? Is that correct for stock? Someone suggested nitto420s, which are about half the cost of the goodyear. Any thoughts?

Any other options to save a little money but still fit on the stock rims?

Also I've never ordered tires online. What should I anticipate paying for mounting and balance? I'm in upstate NY.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Vreds r awesome tires, but only summer tires. Check them it on blackops.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'd recommend replacing them all at once.
I'm running Toyo STII 275/315 as an all season.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Nitto 420s are a decent tire. I am happy with mine (stock sizes). You shouldn't mix brands so best to replace all 4 at once if you don't want to just get 2 new GY's for the front.
Probably around $100-$125 to mount and balance when you bring in loose tires.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice thanks guys. I'll order the Nittos and replace all four. Discount Tire Direct offers a "TPMS Rebuild Kit" ($12) and of course the "Certificates for Refund or Replacement" ($100 for all four).

Their replacement certificate actually looks decent -- not prorated, a new tire anytime within 3 years or 3/32" remaining. The only part that concerns me is they say they could require you to mail them the old tire, at your own cost.

Any advice on those two options?

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I am on my 2nd set of Nitto 420s, and can't say enough good about them.

...... I may need another set by early summer though.

They ride so much better than the crap years, and I am 2 PO to try other better tires. LOL

·
Registered
283 Posts
I can't find Toyo or the Continentals in stock anywhere. Really wanted to put the continentals on. Are the 420s OK in winter weather?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks guys. I put on the Nitto 420s. It is like driving/riding in a completely different vehicle compared to stock. I wish I would have just sold the run flats when I bought the jeep and put these on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice good to hear. Just received the 420s from Discount Tire, and am getting them put on this weekend.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
NT420s and Vred

I've had the 420s on my Ram pickup for 3 years, really like them alot. Also had the Vreds on a BMW X5, 2 sets actually, and they were great, although the rears wore out sort of quickly as this was a staggered set-up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dunlop Sport Maxx are a solid choice. i am going Vred on Factory Repro 20s for spring/summer/fall and Blizzacks on stock 20s for winter

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts