Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! My name is Brian and I just recently got a new-to-me 2008 SRT8. It is black with only 42K and is in great shape. Bone stock but not for long... I'll have to get some pictures soon. I'm no stranger to fast cars but have been really impressed with the Jeep so far. It is a blast to drive!

I've previously owned a black 2000 Dakota 5.9 R/T that I put a Vortech supercharger on and a million other things. I was active in the Dakota R/T Club and did alot of drag racing here in the Southeast. Anyone else here ever have a Dakota R/T? This Jeep reminds me alot of that truck. Meeting up with other owners for install parties and racing at the track was half the fun of owning that truck, so I look forward to some of the same experiences with this Jeep.

I also currently own a 1999 BMW M3. It's not as fast as the Jeep, but probably even more fun to drive. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I live in Orangeburg, SC so let me know if you are in the area and we could get together sometime.

Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Brian. I am a brand new SRT8 owner also. I came out of a Infiniti G35 Turbo and have to say I love my SRT8. It is a blast. I live in the Charleston area. It would be cool to get up with another local SRT driver. Message me sometime.

Jason

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well welcome, and although im not new to the srt8's i just moved to sc from texas and im looking for the same also to race my jeep, i live in greenville, but i ve been to orangeburg and also want to go to charleston, they tell me it's beautiful, so if you guys are up to a meeting letme know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
OK great! We'll have to set something up. Yea I was really looking for something that I could take back to the track. I've always been attracted to sleepers so the SRT8 fits the bill!

There is an 1/8th mile track here in Orangeburg that I raced at alot growing up. They have since put alot of money into the place and it is really pretty nice now, but I haven't been out there in a while. I would always run at the Thursday night Test-N-Tune. But I think the 1/8th mile would be where these things would really shine and you could clip some faster cars.

Man, if you've never been to Charleston you really need to check it out. Beautiful places and lots of shopping, dining, entertainment, etc. But I'll warn you.. driving in Charleston sucks! Lots of old one-way streets and stuff. I hate driving there.

What track have you run at? Was that in Texas?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, i went to the track besides hennessey 's shop in houston, but where i lived in midland the track wasnt that good, i just moved here like 3 weeks ago, they tellme there's a track in greer too, but we canmeet and go to the one in orangeburg , or drive to charleston it would be fun to gather a group of gc's srt8, it seems that they are pretty rare around here...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hey Brian. I am a brand new SRT8 owner also. I came out of a Infiniti G35 Turbo and have to say I love my SRT8. It is a blast. I live in the Charleston area. It would be cool to get up with another local SRT driver. Message me sometime.

Jason
Hey buddy met you at the oyster roast. I'll hit you up about the predator when I get back home

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the forum, these jeeps are definitely rare around here, i live in Goose Creek and have only seen one other than mine. I usually go to Dorchester Dragway, its not the best place but its a track. Its 1/8th mile too. PM me if you guys have a get together near charleston, id love to join in

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yep, itll be good to get togethr in charleston or for a track day we already have'like 5 jeeps' also if any of u guys know of an auto show or something let me know, im usually free the weekends, and love driving my jeep. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey buddy met you at the oyster roast. I'll hit you up about the predator when I get back home
Hey man. It was good to meet you. It was a great day for the Oyster Roast. I'll shoot you a text so you'll have my number.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hey man. It was good to meet you. It was a great day for the Oyster Roast. I'll shoot you a text so you'll have my number.

Thanks,

Jason
Sounds good man. I'm already in New Jersey. Sucks I had to leave early, it was a nice day. Hit me up for sure.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey guys, ill be in charleston this wekkend, if any of u are interested to meet, letme know.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok, i'll probably be getting there by that time, i'll stay the night there, u can txt me or call me, i'll pm u my phone number.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, I wish I could meet up with you this weekend. However, I just got a Boston Terrier puppy a couple weeks ago and I have my hands full right now!

Let us know how you run at Greer. Good luck.

Brian

·
Registered
555 Posts
Runner srt8, im staying at la quinta at the marina, besides california dreaming, 787-810-3075

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Have fun boys. Wish I was there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.