Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopping in to introduce myself. Just purchased a 2012 SRT and looking for any help as I'm new to the SRT World. Was thinking cold air and maybe tune. It is my daily driver! Some site will kill you if a newbie doesn't do a intro, (ie Yellow bullet)

·
Registered
32 Posts
an oil catch can is a must. Put a JTL on mine and you would not believe the amount of oil vapor that collects in there. Will foul up your intake with sludge in no time. Cheapest must have but one of the most important. Not sure why this isn't an included item in original build to begin with

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome! Post some pics of the Jeep when you get a chance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, will do! It's all black with spydermonkeies . Looking for a extra 20x10 if anyone has one for a spare to make my spare.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Just stopping in to introduce myself. Just purchased a 2012 SRT and looking for any help as I'm new to the SRT World. Was thinking cold air and maybe tune. It is my daily driver! Some site will kill you if a newbie doesn't do a intro, (ie Yellow bullet)
Here is what i did when i got my 2012 srt8 jeep. I saw what a cai and dyno tune did for my 2007 srt8 jeep so i wanted to keep my 2012 bone stock and compare it with 2 other jeeps in our group.1 had a 2012 the other had a 2014 srt8 jeeps and we all had 91 octane gas. They both had e mail tunes from the same tuner with diff cai and there race wt was about 60 lbs lighter than mine was. The times were in the 1/8 mile and the diff was i went 8.20 @ 82 mph and they were in the 7.90 @ 86 to 87 mph. I hope this story will help you what to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts