Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people.. just bought 2013 srt8 vapor. After some advice please.. I want to lower it.. it currently is FRONT 425mm. (Centre to guard) with 40mm clearance REAR 455 with 70mm cclearance . What type of springs do you guys recommend?? Also cold air intake, I am looking at AFE GT momentum.. it has borla ATAK Exhaust and diablo tune so don't really need much else what do you think. Cheers Wayne

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice, I would suggest an oil catch can and if the budget allowed headers and long tubes makes a significant difference to the 5 speed I take it that’s what yours is certainly puts more power down the bottom end haven’t put mine on a dyno but I find for mine it did even without a tune, the stock headers and cat are very restrictive. I would then suggest get the suitcase resonator cut out and get fitted either a H or X pipe cross over to equalize the pulses. If your looking for a custom tune I highly recommend Steve at Oztune in Sydney his price and service is great he owns an srt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I would suggest an oil catch can and if the budget allowed headers and long tubes makes a significant difference to the 5 speed I take it that’s what yours is certainly puts more power down the bottom end haven’t put mine on a dyno but I find for mine it did even without a tune, the stock headers and cat are very restrictive. I would then suggest get the suitcase resonator cut out and get fitted either a H or X pipe cross over to equalize the pulses. If your looking for a custom tune I highly recommend Steve at Oztune in Sydney his price and service is great he owns an srt.
Ch
It actually ca
Thanks George,
yes been looking at catch cans,what are you thoughts on the AFE GT momentum cold air intakes..Any brand of headers better than others?
Thanks
cheers
wayne

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just finished installing ARH headers with long tubes high flow cats. I don’t see at this stage any real gains to the buy due to expense a cat back system I’m going to stick with the stock mufflers and cut out the resonator in the middle and put in a H-pipe for the cross over just behind the transmission since that’s as far up the front as you can get it. I am picking up the car with the H-pipe tomorrow I could text you a sound clip if you want. from my knowledge it is generally accepted H-pipe has better gains down the bottom end and an X-pipe has slightly better gains in the mid range and better top end gains.

If you go with headers and long tubes you’ll need a custom tune Steve did me a intune email job cost me $300 been really happy with that I’ve done about 4,000km with the install and stock cat back system and no problems pre install of the headers stock set up best 0 to 100 I got was 4.7 and with the header tune install best time was 4.5 but this was with to much fuel and from the side of the highway not ideal only 2 runs.

As a side note I would be surprised if you could find anywhere that would do the header install with long tubes for under $1,100 unless you do it yourself I did it took me a long time because I bought a 2nd hand set of headers Anf long tubes ARH from the states so I had to modify the drives side cause the steering colum hits it and the top pipe just touches and rubs cost me $300 for that I reckon ARH or Stainless Works are best. There is currently a set of ARH headers only for sale on eBay for $800 Aus incl freight if I remember correctly but you would have to buy long tubes new. due to exchange rate to buy new incl freight your probably going to be looking at around $3,000 Aus for complete new set up. An option to explore is contact Steve at oztune he knows a shop in Sydney that apparently makes headers and long tubes for the Jeep that may be allot cheaper.

I need a beer now do you line in Brisbane

·
Registered
32 Posts
As far as ca I think the afe has pluses easy to install and maintain the bwoody is best I think the downside of the bwoody is you loose the washer tank and access for maintenance. you can buy there washer tank to replace it but it’s very expensive for what it is I think I made my own

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just finished installing ARH headers with long tubes high flow cats. I don’t see at this stage any real gains to the buy due to expense a cat back system I’m going to stick with the stock mufflers and cut out the resonator in the middle and put in a H-pipe for the cross over just behind the transmission since that’s as far up the front as you can get it. I am picking up the car with the H-pipe tomorrow I could text you a sound clip if you want. from my knowledge it is generally accepted H-pipe has better gains down the bottom end and an X-pipe has slightly better gains in the mid range and better top end gains.

If you go with headers and long tubes you’ll need a custom tune Steve did me a intune email job cost me $300 been really happy with that I’ve done about 4,000km with the install and stock cat back system and no problems pre install of the headers stock set up best 0 to 100 I got was 4.7 and with the header tune install best time was 4.5 but this was with to much fuel and from the side of the highway not ideal only 2 runs.

As a side note I would be surprised if you could find anywhere that would do the header install with long tubes for under $1,100 unless you do it yourself I did it took me a long time because I bought a 2nd hand set of headers Anf long tubes ARH from the states so I had to modify the drives side cause the steering colum hits it and the top pipe just touches and rubs cost me $300 for that I reckon ARH or Stainless Works are best. There is currently a set of ARH headers only for sale on eBay for $800 Aus incl freight if I remember correctly but you would have to buy long tubes new. due to exchange rate to buy new incl freight your probably going to be looking at around $3,000 Aus for complete new set up. An option to explore is contact Steve at oztune he knows a shop in Sydney that apparently makes headers and long tubes for the Jeep that may be allot cheaper.

I need a beer now do you line in Brisbane
Hi George,
thanks for the info..I live in north queensland..i need to check if i can do cross over as mine has diablo attack exhaust.(mine sounds pretty good, but i would like to hear yours when done). There is really nobody up this way that can tune however im going down to brisbane in september so ill look around .
How low is yours? i have been looking around at springs but i think mine might be lowered from stock already. ill send you a pic from my ph.
cheers
wayne

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good I haven’t done anything suspension wise it’s all stock. I don’t think I would worry about a custom tune unless your going to do the headers. From the photo it does look to be sitting a bit lower

1 - 9 of 9 Posts