Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m assuming you tried to adjust the j-pipes? I’m curious to see how loud it is? Looks like the only difference is an x-pipe instead of their muffler.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Never touched the J pipes to be honest I left it the way it came from factory as they said this should be the best setting.
The only reason i bought it because of the "no drone" sales pitch as my jeep came with a borla that I got rid of because of the drone.

However I will still try to adjust the J pipes but the exhaust shop said you will be raising or lowering the drone. For example if you're getting drone at 2500 rpm they can push it tp 3000. since it was a bandaid solution I havent tried it yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pushing it to 3000 or above “should” be ok because at least for me unless I’m driving 80+, I’m below 3000 rpm and of your mashing the pedal, all bets are off anyway.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So I was on the Solo Exhaust website and found a new cat back exhaust listed for our Jeeps..... 2006-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 Street-Race-XJ3 Cat Back Exhaust Kit Jeep SRT-8

I checked youtube but didn't find any Jeeps with this exhaust installed. Just curious if anyone has any info on the new setup?
Cheers!
I have the Solo exhaust on my 2010 Jeep GCSRT Love it. Yes there is some drone vs Corsa but it is very aggressive and has a great deep sound. Love it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a replay from Solo today about the difference..... "For the people that like an extremely loud system we have the Street Race ( no muffler ) kit. This is like a Harley with straight pipes. Very loud.!"

Don't know if I want the Jeep to be that loud! Might go with the original kit!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Never touched the J pipes to be honest I left it the way it came from factory as they said this should be the best setting.
The only reason i bought it because of the "no drone" sales pitch as my jeep came with a borla that I got rid of because of the drone.

However I will still try to adjust the J pipes but the exhaust shop said you will be raising or lowering the drone. For example if you're getting drone at 2500 rpm they can push it tp 3000. since it was a bandaid solution I havent tried it yet.
So did you ever get rid of the drone buy fine tuning the J-pipes?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a replay from Solo today about the difference..... "For the people that like an extremely loud system we have the Street Race ( no muffler ) kit. This is like a Harley with straight pipes. Very loud.!"

Don't know if I want the Jeep to be that loud! Might go with the original kit!
Just curious on what you finally decided to get for exhaust? Did you go with the Solo XJ3?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just curious on what you finally decided to get for exhaust? Did you go with the Solo XJ3?
I haven’t decided yet and a new exhaust is on hold, for now. Took the Jeep in for an alignment. I had some uneven wear on the inside of the front tires. Turned out to be lower ball joints. So next spring tires are first, then exhaust.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I decided to jump on the Black Friday deal on the Street Race kit. I did ask if it's too loud, you can swap in the muffler from the Mach XJ3 kit. So I figured what the hell, I'll try the "loud" kit first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I decided to jump on the Black Friday deal on the Street Race kit. I did ask if it's too loud, you can swap in the muffler from the Mach XJ3 kit. So I figured what the hell, I'll try the "loud" kit first.
Give us some feed back on the loud version.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts