Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently turned on several features for this site, one being more flexability in searches.

1. If you click on "Search" on the Nav Bar you'll see new options for Search. The first is Tag Search that will look for key words the OP of new threads has included relevant to the thread. The "tag cloud" is set for the top 70 words based on the number of times a word was included in a new thread. I've gone through several recent threads and added tags. Right now it's limited to the threads I've selected, but in time as more members use this I'm hoping it will expand to a more useful function for those searching a particular search querry. All that needs to be done is add these words separated with a comma when starting a new thread. You should see a little box below the posting box. When a member is reading a thread that contains tags, all they have to do is click on one and it should take them to a thread with the same words. The tags are located at the bottom of the last post in threads. As I say, very limited right now, but as it grows so will the functionality. I'll be adding some to this thread.

2. If you click on "Advanced" you'll also see the option to search for threads with prefixes. Again, it will only find threads that have been created since prefixes was turned on. Most of these are in the Buy/Sell section. An example of this type of search would be if you were looking only for F/S, WTB or WTT threads and wanted to narrow your search to one prefix. This will bring up all related threads and should save a lot of time wading through the Buy/Sell forum.

3. We also have "Similar Threads" turned on now. At the bottom of all threads you'll see several threads listed that the search engine has determined are related to the thread you are reading. Of course this is determined by thread titles and that's why it's important to choose thread titles that have revelance and are meaningful to the thread.

4. Personal Search - This is part of the Search Options where you can easily locate all your threads and posts with one click.

None of this is exactly new, just never turned on. Hopefully as this gets used more it will increase search capabilities and functionalities.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Excellent

Just played around with it a bit. Some nice features. In my case can't tell you how many times I have gone to my own posts to find a fourm section and thread I've contributed to because I can't remember what section or thread it was in. I like it a lot.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to click on that tells me how often you are monitoring my PMs. :D

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've turned on about everything I can find here. The only thing I think we're missing is a mobile browser. I was informed the AF version is set for release in the New Year. They're not going with TapaTalk because apparenly it has too many security holes.

Bernie

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Great new functions, thanks for adding them Rambit.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts