Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after some research and pm's, i decided to go with the following:

stop tech pads 167 shipped
centric premium rotors front and rear not slotted or drilled, just plain jane 270 shipped.

total spent is 437 shipped for all parts.

i have used these rotors on my s2k with great success. hoping for same with the jeep.

hoping to install this weekend.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
cool.........

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nice! Throw some pics up when your done..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Installed it last night. What a giant pita. Wish I had read u need a pad caliper spreader tool. Doing it with pliers and my hands was way harder then it needed to be.

Went out and bedded them in. Feel normal. Feel like stock so far. The big issue I found is my good year run flats are falling apart. I had read about this but hoped it wouldnt happen. Well 25k miles and the fronts are trash. Going with Toyo prizes st2 275/315 setup on sat morning at local shop.

Im def not happy. 2 half used stock rear run flats for sale at sick price in for sale forum shortly.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Easiest way to push the Pistons back.in is to.remove the caliper from the Jeep as its only 2 bolts... That way it gives you a better grip and you can do.it with your hands bro..... That's how I did mine....

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Easiest way to push the Pistons back.in is to.remove the caliper from the Jeep as its only 2 bolts... That way it gives you a better grip and you can do.it with your hands bro..... That's how I did mine....

same here.... wasnt hard at all to squeeze the pistons back in by hand IMO.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Im def not happy. 2 half used stock rear run flats for sale at sick price in for sale forum shortly.
You and rest of us man ! :lol:

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
same here.... wasnt hard at all to squeeze the pistons back in by hand IMO.
Yeah there is not enough room to push the Pistons back in while the caliper is still mounted on top of the Rotor bro....

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Yeah there is not enough room to push the Pistons back in while the caliper is still mounted on top of the Rotor bro....
Squeeze piston back in with old pads is much easier and it keeps the ones from the other side of the rotor from moving back out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was the way i did it. i removed caliper from hub, left old pads in there and stuck a plier inbetween them and opened it up. it pressed both sides back in. what was annoying is my fronts were really pressurized. moving one side just let the otherside squeeze out. finnaly i got the plier idea and it worked well. i can see it being cake with the right tool.

whatever though, worked out in the end.

and whats the deal with the stupid rubber band on the hub? i laughed when i saw it. its not like the rotors going anywhere once the tire is mounted.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
that was the way i did it. i removed caliper from hub, left old pads in there and stuck a plier inbetween them and opened it up. it pressed both sides back in. what was annoying is my fronts were really pressurized. moving one side just let the otherside squeeze out. finnaly i got the plier idea and it worked well. i can see it being cake with the right tool.

whatever though, worked out in the end.

and whats the deal with the stupid rubber band on the hub? i laughed when i saw it. its not like the rotors going anywhere once the tire is mounted.
The o-ring is for when it is going down the assembly line and does not need to be reused.

·
9 to 5 ain't for me.
591 Posts
I just purchased Stop Tech Cyro-Sport Stop Drilled rotors and Stop Tech pads. Has anyone used both? Do they fit right in to the stock Brembo set up?

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I just purchased Stop Tech Cyro-Sport Stop Drilled rotors and Stop Tech pads. Has anyone used both? Do they fit right in to the stock Brembo set up?

If you ordered the right stuff, they should.

Reactions: MLBarrett

·
9 to 5 ain't for me.
591 Posts
I bought them from Tire Rack and entered in my vehicle info. So it should work out.

·
9 to 5 ain't for me.
591 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts