Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new Jeep 2018 SRT last week, put the new rims on it by the end of the week. We noticed that the rims are not level vertically. there appears to be an angle/slant to the rims, with the front passenger being the worst. Not sure if this is normal with jeeps, normal with these types of rims, or something could be wrong with these rims. The offset i believe is (-18) so the wheels stick out about 2 inches or so.

So whats the consensous? is this dangerous? gonna cause any issues? could they deny warranty?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well technically speaking having tires sticking out of the wheel wells 2" is illegal
and you could be ticketed (unlikely) unless you have flares or flaps to keep them from throwing stones up into the air.

So how does it track?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well technically speaking having tires sticking out of the wheel wells 2" is illegal
and you could be ticketed (unlikely) unless you have flares or flaps to keep them from throwing stones up into the air.

So how does it track?

Jeep steers and drives beautifully as it's basically brand new with only 300 miles on it. These are the original tires also. Was thinking about grabbing some mud flaps. Didn't realize wheels sticking out were illegal, I see it all the time. Maybe it varies by state? Any chance of suspension damage?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Jeep steers and drives beautifully as it's basically brand new with only 300 miles on it. These are the original tires also. Was thinking about grabbing some mud flaps. Didn't realize wheels sticking out were illegal, I see it all the time. Maybe it varies by state? Any chance of suspension damage?
I don't see how you could damage the suspension.
Summit flaps fit and keep the dirt off

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Congrats on the SRT! Let’s see some pic of the new wheels.

Have you had the alignment checked? If those are stock sized tires, then the offset might be way off because your tires stick out quite a bit. It almost looks like you have spacers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the SRT! Let’s see some pic of the new wheels.

Have you had the alignment checked? If those are stock sized tires, then the offset might be way off because your tires stick out quite a bit. It almost looks like you have spacers.
No alignment check yet. Car only has 300 miles on it and seems to drive jsit fine. The rim company also asked me about alignment. Does alignment correct vertical or just horizontal?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Looks good! Based solely by the pics, it looks like they either fudged on the offset or added spacers so the rims could clear the brake. Just a theory though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It’s just not the factory offset is all. It’s probably even from front to back, just looks like the front is out more because the body is more narrow in the front. Looks good if, if that’s what you’re in to. Not sure about it being illegal because I see trucks all the time with like 6” to 10” inches of offset, probably depends on where you live. My stealth had about 2” of tire past the fender and I was never hassled over it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wheels sticking out like that puts more strain on Wheel hub, you will be replacing wheel hub more often than you need to. It looks like a turtle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts