Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well today was my third time at the track since getting the fuel issue fixed and installing Bill's converter. Nabbed my new PB by only .04 but hey we are moving in the right direction.

Old PB with little boy/headers: [email protected] (pass made in 40* weather)

New PB today: [email protected] :D (68* and sunny today)

When I ran the 12.2 with the little boy I only ever ran one 12.2 and several 12.3/12.4 times. Today I started out with a 12.32 and had 3 runs in the 12.2s.

I went to Speedworld Friday and ran 12.4/12.5 all night but my jeep was spinning pretty good and I only could manage mid to high 1.7x 60' times. Today track prep was much better and I managed 3 1.69 60' times and one 1.71. I haven't touched the tune since I left the hemi shootout in Bradenton so I am really happy as I know we have a lot of room for improvement. Hell I pulled in full weight with stuff in the backseat and coke in the drink holder, pump gas, and street tires. It is ON when my drag radials get here and I fill up with race gas!

Here are my times from today:

Run 1: [email protected]@109.72

Run 2: [email protected]@110.02

Run 3: [email protected]@108.60

Run 4: [email protected]@108.32

Wife took some vids and here are a couple of pics. Couple of cool mopars I found too, green plymouth was friday and blue gtx was today.

Vehicle Sky Car Asphalt Sport venue

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Classic car

Sky Race track Transport Vehicle Sport venue

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Family car

First pass.....wife didn't have best spot for vid

3rd pass vs civic that let out after 60'

Last pass against 5.0 stang with slicks. He red light and spun bad but he was chasing me down

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Those are indeed strong numbers Dave , I definitely see 11's on full race mode homie , Congrats and finally things going your way for a change :)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Congrats on new Pb. How you like those new tires at the track?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Good times and Congrats on lowering that ET bro!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats nice runs.
Thanks. :)

Those are indeed strong numbers Dave , I definitely see 11's on full race mode homie , Congrats and finally things going your way for a change :)
Thanks Paulo. I know it has been a long road but now I'm ready to for 11's and happy to be running low 12's in street trim.

Congrats on new Pb. How you like those new tires at the track?
The tires surprised me as they do alright. They don't dead hook but they also don't blow off. Friday I had more spin but my worst 60' was 1.78 which is okay for street tires with our awd. Today the track prep was better and they were doing admirably.

Good times and Congrats on lowering that ET bro!
Thanks Jose. Each time I've gone to the track the times have dropped. Hoping to make it to VA and really watch the times drop. :D We shall see.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Congrats on the new PB Dave! Nice win against the 5.0 :D

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Congrats Dave!!! Glad to hear about the numbers man. Can't wait to finally get you dialed in. You have so much room left for improvement it's not even funny. Keep it up bro!!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Congrats Dave!!! Glad to hear about the numbers man. Can't wait to finally get you dialed in. You have so much room left for improvement it's not even funny. Keep it up bro!!
You guys know your shit every time i turn around another beast is running strong #'s built by stage 6

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Thanks Jose. Each time I've gone to the track the times have dropped. Hoping to make it to VA and really watch the times drop. :D We shall see.
Anytime Dave! Will only get better for you....Also have to say that the jeep is sounding really good with that Corsa! That shit growls man! Hey can you post up the actual time slips if you don't mind to see what your 330 and 1000 ft were?

Keep it up Dave!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hell yeah Dave! Nice buddy. I need yo hit the track too

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thatta boy Dave! Congrats on the new PB! Good to see you having fun and enjoying the Jeep. :)
Thanks Brian. It is nice to be enjoying the jeep again, forgot how much I love going to the track.

Hell yeah Dave!!!!
Thanks panty dropper! haha

Thanks big bro. VA is going to be fun. :D

Nice job Dave.

Jim
Thanks a bunch

Anytime Dave! Will only get better for you....Also have to say that the jeep is sounding really good with that Corsa! That shit growls man! Hey can you post up the actual time slips if you don't mind to see what your 330 and 1000 ft were?

Keep it up Dave!
Adding timeslip pics to first post for you.

Awesome runs Dave. Congrats!!
Still not fast enough to catch a Mongoose but I'm happy. ;)

Hell yeah Dave! Nice buddy. I need yo hit the track too
Thanks Mike. I'm surprised you haven't been living at the track with all that turbo power.

Dave it doesnt matter how much you set the PB by as long as its by .001 lol. A personal best is a personal best and a big hi 5.
Exactly. Thanks Jim. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.