Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to run with the new cam yesterday at atco, ran consistant times, best being 12.44 @ 108.41 with a 1.699 60ft. I was hoping for some better times but oh well. DA was -1924ft. With my mods and the DA yesterday, Shouldn't I be running faster?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. That DA is sick! I imagine the track was super cold so nice work on the 1.699 60 foot. It looks like you are running out of cam on the top end with such a great 60-foot, you'd normally expect a few more tenths shaved off the entire run.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Finally got to run with the new cam yesterday at atco, ran consistant times, best being 12.44 @ 108.41 with a 1.699 60ft. I was hoping for some better times but oh well. DA was -1924ft. With my mods and the DA yesterday, Shouldn't I be running faster?
decent times... but ya u should be running faster for sure...with almost -2000DA...

·
BlaBlaBla
5,298 Posts
I ran mid 12s with heads,cam, headers. Pretty decent if you ask me. But what do I know!

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Congrats , and yes should of being a little faster , but its only your first time with that set . I wouldn't worry but work with your tuner and it will only get better from here . I have the similar set up u have and went [email protected] with 1.66 60' At atco last year on -219DA 50* temps 93 pump gas on 23* timing . Just something for you to compare with .

Exact Mods were
Ported mani
Kooks
Borla S
Lilboy 0*
4"Bwoody
Johan tune .

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Congrats on a New PB best man! Nice 60 ft there! Can you post up your slips on a few of your runs please? I have about the same mods as you except mine is a 0* Little Boy cam.. This cam is suppose to move some of the torque down the lower rpms I believe, so I want to see if our timslips look any different before the 1/8 of the mile... Just corrected your time and yes you should be running a bit quicker.. I say send some of those logs to your tuner and see what he says. Did you run 93 octane gas or did you run any race gas?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Hey nice times. Ill probably be in the same time when i get my mods. Were you the only Jeep there?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Congrats on the new PB. Do yourself a favor, and buy a wideband. Is your manifold matched to the 85mm TB? If you have a lip, it's gonna create some turbulence. You will go faster once you get your tuned dialed in. You're on your first tune with your new setup. It takes some time to get things dialed in. Reeeeeelax and log and buy a wideband. You're missing out on some power b/c you don't have a wideband. No tuner can nail a tune without one. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Congrats on the pb!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody!!! I appreciate all the help from everyone on here

Congrats on a New PB best man! Nice 60 ft there! Can you post up your slips on a few of your runs please? I have about the same mods as you except mine is a 0* Little Boy cam.. This cam is suppose to move some of the torque down the lower rpms I believe, so I want to see if our timslips look any different before the 1/8 of the mile... Just corrected your time and yes you should be running a bit quicker.. I say send some of those logs to your tuner and see what he says. Did you run 93 octane gas or did you run any race gas?
Thanks man, slips are in the truck and its getting a detail for the winter so when I get her back Ill post them up. I ran MS109 Sent some logs from atco to JB yesterday

Hey nice times. Ill probably be in the same time when i get my mods. Were you the only Jeep there?
Yea, only jeep there, smoked A TBSS on my first run though!

Congrats on the new PB. Do yourself a favor, and buy a wideband. Is your manifold matched to the 85mm TB? If you have a lip, it's gonna create some turbulence. You will go faster once you get your tuned dialed in. You're on your first tune with your new setup. It takes some time to get things dialed in. Reeeeeelax and log and buy a wideband. You're missing out on some power b/c you don't have a wideband. No tuner can nail a tune without one. Good luck.
Thanks, I just ordered a wideband last night, JB told me I need one for sure. manifolds still stock. Im gonna upgrade the TB and mani to 90MM after the holidays. Im learning! (slowly) haha

Reactions: Knuckles
1 - 13 of 13 Posts