Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. I FINALLY found out what was wrong with my Jeep for the past year.

Ever since I got a built transmission, the output shaft was not perfectly balanced. I replaced my stock trans with a built transmission and a new stock transfercase at the same time. Shortly after that the new transfercase was fried. So I figured I keep breaking transfercases because im making too much power.

I bought a built transfer case thinking this would fix the problem (my 3rd transfercase). After about 10 months the built transfer case started showing signs of it failing. So I sent the entire driveline to paramount performance to get the problem diagnosed instead of continuing to buy new transfer cases.

Turns out, the output shaft in the transmission was not perfectly balanced and was eating up my transfer case. So Builder Bill replaced the output shaft with one that has no issues and aligns nicely. He also re-built the transfer case again and replaced all seals and gaskets for everything. He didnt charge me labor and fixed everything for me for a great deal. Bill also mentioned that my warranty starts over again on my driveline. :bigthumb:
I said it before, and I will say it again. The customer service at Paramount Performance is INCREDIBLE! Thank you Bill for taking care of me and backing up your product! I am so excited to have a good, working, built driveline!

I also ordered a smaller pulley, and dual fuel pumps from stage 6, removing Boost-A-Pump, finally getting my cutout turn down tips installed, getting steel braided catch can hoses, and I got 2 new front tires for the winter.
Should be like a new Jeep when I get her back :)

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
Always grateful to have Bill in my corner, my tranny lasted 50k and sending it in for a
refresh before the twins come. If I havent said it lately, thanks Bill!!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Like Chris said , you would of being in some deep shit if you weren't running Bills stuff , Paramount FTMFW .

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Nice to hear you will be back on the road soon Scam! Nice Bill!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup I am definitely a happy customer.

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Glad to hear you got it all worked out! I couldn't agree more on Bill's customer service and loyalty. For anyone who has not had the chance to work with him, you won't find a more reputable vendor out there.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the track next season!

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Damn dude, that's a lot of TC's to go through. Glad you got it sorted out. I'd be livid if that happened to me. Definitely nice that Bill has your back though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad to hear you got your problem figured out. Top notch customer service for sure. I will definitly be calling Bill when I am ready for new driveline components.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I Haven't been very happy over the passed year. I'm on my 4th transfer case now...

But I wanna say. On my 2nd TC, and 3rd TC Bill helped me out. Bill has been working with me since the first time I thought there was a problem. I even let Bill drive my Jeep so I could show him the weird sounds I was hearing and he's been working with me ever since.

Bwoody has been helping me out since my first driveline issues also. It's nice having my Jeep in good hands. Because of the customer service I've gotten from these 2 companies I've saved many thousands of dollars in covered labor, fluids, and shipping etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.