Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 since August 2011.
I was lucky to get my Jeep with the Mopar CAI & Exhaust already installed!

Though my Jeep drives & sounds great, I feel the need for more power (I have an upgraded & tuned 6.2L CSV CR8 - a.k.a Pontiac G8 GXP or Holden HSV SSV as 2nd car, so want to bring the Jeep performance as close to that as possible :) )

Given that I do not want to Supercharge it (I prefer naturally aspired methods), the garage I'm talking to suggested installing Kooks headers & Diablo Trinity programmer with custom tune, which, according to them, will add 35HP and 60 NM torque. Do you guys think this is the way forward? If so, do I need to upgrade/replace the driveshaft to support the extra power (they mentioned that another Jeep SRT8 owner broke his driveshaft after the above upgrade & tune, & had to replace it twice!)? If so, which one is best, carbon fiber? :confused:

Appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Thanks a lot & Happy Holidays! :cheers:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've been running a supercharger and custom tune on my stock driveshafts for about 6 months now with no problems, and went to the track at least once a month with at least 4 runs each time. I don't really think u have much to worry about until u get much higher in power

Reactions: balaaan
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.