Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just purchased a 2007 GC SRT8 silver and am so happy to be able to be apart of this community now. Have wanted this car for a long time and am finally at a point in my life where I can afford one! It was the perfect opportunity with very low miles, absolutely no mods, and taken care of the way I feel a GC like this should be.

I'm in the USCG and recently moved to VA (DC metro area). I've read this forum quite a bit over the last few years (even while not actually owning one...what can I say I love this car) so I have a pretty good idea on where I want to start with things. Lighting mods I think I'll be ok with. From what I've read xenondepot and taillightsolutions are probably it. But everything else I would really appreciate some referals ie. performance mods, exterior mods etc. Even to the point of local mechanics that can be trusted if possible. Thank in advance to everyone and so happy to be here!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Welcome to the family! And thanks for your service!

So for exterior mods, get yourself a shorty antenna and lower that b!tch on either eibach's or Bwoody lowering springs.. Lots of guys get the tinted tails from ken at tailight solutions, and headlights from dan aka dc special.

As for first performance mods get yourself a cai, a tuner and a custom tune.. Most popular intakes are; Bwoody 4", Mopar, Arrington, and Volant. The tuners are all from diablosport. And the two most popular tuners are johan aka diablotoona, or jersery boy..

As for performance shops, in Ashland, Virginia, there is King motorsports, trust me you won't be dissapointed with them..

Reactions: SemperP-SRT8

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the reply! Your recommendations are a great help. I can't wait to get into this thing.....money pit here I come. Any other opinions or referrals welcome!

·
Registered
72 Posts
there is a meetup in Dullles on Jan 28th. Check out the mid atlantic section for details. Alot of new and old seem to be coming out. should be fun

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Welcome! Yes, check out the meet in Dulles on the 28th! So far we have about 20 Jeep SRT8s!!!

Wes

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read so many of your guys threads its funny to be actually talking to you :)

Reactions: BOYCHIKS

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,180 Posts
There are only two things that scare me.... One is Nuclear Weapons.

The other...

Coasties... small hands, smell like cabbage.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's gonna be like that huh. Ok. But remember u got it started

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply! Your recommendations are a great help. I can't wait to get into this thing.....money pit here I come. Any other opinions or referrals welcome!
Just watch the wallet shrink and shrink... Lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts