Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, and gals. I'm a new member here and wanted to say hi first of all. I have always wanted a jeep srt 8 so I finally sold my corvette a few months ago and started looking. I thought I wanted something modified so that's what I was looking for. Well found one a couple weeks ago at a dealer in Illinois and I bought it. Here's the dilemma. I wanted something that I could drive every day and this thing is ridiculously quick and fast. After some research I noticed that a member on here owned it prior to me and it is built to the hilt. I'm starting to think I made a bad choice. So I was looking for suggestions. Should I sell it and buy a stock jeep srt or tune this one down. I appreciate any impute and look forward to being a member here. One way or another I will remain a jeep owner. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
What all mods does it have?

·
Premium Lurker
4,234 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase! You say you made a 'bad choice'..... is the Jeep not running well? Do you know what's been done to it? Hopefully you'll be able to get in touch with the previous owner, since you mentioned that he is a forum member.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The list of mods is huge. It seems that it was jhriss' jeep. If you search his name the mods are listed in the for sale section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It runs great, but with the 3800 stall torch converter it's a little wild to drive all the time for me. It feels like it would whip the snot out of the corvette I sold and it was an 09 z06!

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
I think your just trying to get used to driving a different car.

It's good that it's modded and you know the history of it. If the converter is really killing the daily driver ability. Swap it out with a stock one.

What else does it have done?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I almost purchased this same Jeep..After reading some of the past posts by jhriss, i decided not too. It seemed he had some major tuning issues. One thread went on for almost a year discussing it (barely giving jeep throttle but jeep would go like you floored it) . This may be still there or at least in some form. I would get one of the forum tuners to possibly look at your tune or if you have access to a good tuner in your area to dyno tune.. The torque converter should'nt really be that big a deal as far as every day driving. My Jeep with a converter, big cam, etc is way way more tamer than my Z06 that has a big cam

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Wow that would suck. Must be why he got rid of it?

I would take it to your local mopar tuner and have them so some Dyno runs and see what's going on with it.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Yeah, if you could put this list of mods up we could probably help you out more, but a dyno tune sounds like its in your future.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
I followed that thread. It takes about a day to read it. LOL. It ended in the issues being reported as resolved. I would consult with Johan.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Wowww. look at those mods, no wonder its so fast, seems to me it should feel crazy fast.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Wanna trade? I want more power.

·
Premium Lurker
4,234 Posts
It runs great, but with the 3800 stall torch converter it's a little wild to drive all the time for me. It feels like it would whip the snot out of the corvette I sold and it was an 09 z06!
Like others have already mentioned, that thread documenting all his tuning issues will take you more than a few bathroom breaks to read. But it sounds like everything eventually worked out in the end. To compare, find yourself a stock SRT8 to take for a spin and you won't believe the difference. I'd say if the Jeep runs fine otherwise, just swap with a lower stall converter and have at it. Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really appreciate your input everyone. I'm not real familure with efi tunning, but it seems that this might be the issue. I know carbconn did the tune so I'm gunna give them a call and see what they say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts