Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wifey just bought a 2010 srt8 gc last night, and me being a trailblazer SS owner and die hard chevy guy, I must admit the jeep is 100% bad ass! It only had 15k on the clock and we got a great deal on it. So me being totally new to the jeep scene, and I know this question has been beaten to death, can someone guide me in the right direction on a cai and tune and how do these trannys hold up?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Congrats on the beast she will love it.... Try not to take it over... :D

CAI- most popular are BWOODY 4" Arrington and mopar.
Tune- I would recommend Jerseyboy or johan aka diablotoona

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Congrats on the wife picking the right SUV! Lol. That's awesome though, love seeing an SRT and SS in the same family, just don't let her race you.

Jason was spot on about the intake and tune, but search around, plenty of info here!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You should have no stock tranny issues unless you are making over 500hp. Just make sure to maintain the tranny by replacing the fluids, every 30K miles I believe is what is recommended.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the wife picking the right SUV! Lol. That's awesome though, love seeing an SRT and SS in the same family, just don't let her race you.

Jason was spot on about the intake and tune, but search around, plenty of info here!
We actually ran last night, I had her by a truck length, mine is just a bolt-on truck. She bought the blue color, what exactly is that color called?

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
We actually ran last night, I had her by a truck length, mine is just a bolt-on truck. She bought the blue color, what exactly is that color called?
So she let you win then, lol!

As mentioned, color is Modern Blue, which is the rarest of them all. ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
welcome...as for you winning then she must have been nice lol. When i had mine bone stock i pulled a car and half on an RWD SS with bolt ons. As for the tranny, its pretty solid compared to the 4 spd on the SS, I know TBSS suffer from their trannies as my buddy had his changed already at 45k miles. Yes modern blue is rare, i yet have to see one in person, and as for CAI if she drives it daily i say go with MOPAR or some other short ram air because BWOODY will sit all the way down behind the front bumper and if it rains it can suck up water leadin to hydrolocking your engine. AS for tuning, if she wants something mild then get a Diablo Predator hand held tuner, which already has a cpl of tunes in there already for you to load in the car and improves a few things. If you want a more extreme tune then there is guys here that will do a custom tune....good luck and enjoy :)

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.