Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently picked up a 2008 GC SRT8. I have wanted one ever since I heard about them when they first came out. I was finally able to pull the trigger last Saturday. It is bone stock and really fun.

I have a couple questions though.

Are there any areas prone to problems that I should know about and what can I do to try to prevent them.

I'm already itching to do something to make mine different than the other stock SRT8's on the road. What mods should I begin with without completely breaking the bank? I won't be doing anything until I am able to hit the local track to get a baseline. It doesn't open for another 2+ months unfortunately, stupid Utah weather, haha. I would like to at least have an idea of which direction to go though.

Thanks in advance!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh sorry. Didn't realize asking some questions in MY intro thread was looked down on. Excuse me. No one respond to my questions please. Don't want to disrupt anyone's busy day.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
It's all good man, just busting your balls some.

What are your long term goals? If you aren't planning anything crazy get a Catch Can, custom tune from Johan or JerseyBoy (you'll need a tuner. predator/inTune/Trinity), CAI (choose what you like best, all are similar) and that'll wake the beast up for sure.

You'll gain a few mph in Trap and a few tenths in ET

There is always a wealth of information on here just a few clicks and searches away ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been a part of Forums for going on 7 years, I know about the search feature. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll definitely use it when I have a few minutes of extra time to get on my home computer instead of having to use my phone with my good for nothing mobile service. ;)

I'd love to be able to say that I will be putting a ProCharger on eventually, but in all reality the most I will probably do is a mild cam. I want to be able to get this heavy pig into the 12's NA at my crapy 6000+ da track. Probably a tall order, but a guy can dream can't he? lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.