1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
So why can't the Jeep get anything better than the 5 speed?
Why? It all comes down to the dollar dollar bill, yo. Read on, courtesy of MotorTrend:

Look for Maserati to set its crosshair directly at the Porsche Cayenne when it comes to competition for the new SUV. Pricing should be right in line with the German competition, starting somewhere north of around $90,000.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/we-hear-upcoming-maserati-suv-to-be-american-made-bow-at-frankfurt-108839.html#ixzz1XPJ3JKQQ
For an additional $30K, no doubt you could shoehorn in an 8-speed tranny into the WK2. ;)

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
I thought the rims on the WK2 looked ugly, until I saw them in person. The finish on them is very nice and eye catching.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thought the rims on the WK2 looked ugly, until I saw them in person. The finish on them is very nice and eye catching.
I agree. I saw the new Jeep at the srt tour today, and I really like the new rims. Much darker than pics I have seen and have a very nice finish on them.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
if this was only 10k more, would take it over the WK2 any day

·
Registered
234 Posts
It is a photoshop. Look at the foglight on the left. Also, if it uses the hemi as has been rumored, it will have at least 470.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Come on guys, even the guys from SRT admit the new rims are ugly. I know you guys are trying to like them, but they are just ugly. Not to mention they look like a real PITA to clean.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That looks a lot closer to the first renderings that were going around.

OP you just have to go into advanced editing to change the thread title.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
It looks like a mini QX45

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
That looks better than the pic that was floating around here a little while ago...

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's no suv, it's a damn crossover!:(

·
Registered
312 Posts
Considering they said that it was going to use a Maserati V8, I'd take anything in that whole article with a grain of salt.

The Maserati version isn't supposed to be out until a year or two after the SRT8 Jeep. It only makes sense that it would have things that are planned for the Jeep to get at some point in the future.

That said, I'm sure they're going to do something to have the Maserati keep "top dog" status other than just the obviously nicer materials and more European styling. It wouldn't make sense to try to sell the Jeep for 60k and the Maserati for 90k+ without some reason to get it over the Jeep. Porsche gets around this with a healthy dose of power over the Touareg and Q7. I wouldn't be surprised if Maserati took the 6.4L and changed it around so that it revved higher and made more power than the normal 6.4L to give it some added benefit.

The idea that it could have that X6 style design would also fit as a way to distinguish the two, though I don't think they will.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts