Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been an owner since mid-June, just found out about this forum. Glad to be in the community.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome to the forum which part of Houston are u from ??

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hey man. What part of town? There's a few jeeps around but I rarely seem just in traffic.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Me and my buddy both live in northwest Houston and we are both on here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I live in Spring, since I've been interested in the jeep for the last two years, I've seen only two on the road ever. That was a big incentive to get this bad boy. How about you guys? I've seen some post of a possible H-town meet up sometime.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Im in the north side by greenspoint mall if anyone knows where that is haven't seen any jeeps around my side of town..... we should definitely get a mini meet or something going

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome! Im from the Med Center/ South Macgreagor area. I see a chit load of JGCSRT8's around here though I have met very few. A couple of folks show up at SCLX events, I rarely make it out. Post up some pics- see ya around!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet, @ Jon, yea man you're just south of me like 10 minutes.
plan on getting her supercharged within a year. All I've done now is thrown a bulldog gt tuner on her. In December of this year, she will have a Borla and cold air intake. Not sure what type of c/a intake yet. Any suggestions? I hear molar is pretty legit

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sweet, @ Jon, yea man you're just south of me like 10 minutes.
plan on getting her supercharged within a year. All I've done now is thrown a bulldog gt tuner on her. In December of this year, she will have a Borla and cold air intake. Not sure what type of c/a intake yet. Any suggestions? I hear molar is pretty legit
O ok I'm up in spring alot most of the time lol well I have a bwoody cai it works for me just fine since we have no flooding issues here, heard alot of positive feedback frarrive brand Arrington and mopar cai's also once u get that u can get a catch can and might wanna get a predator and get a tune from johan not sure how the bully dog tune is though just a suggestion , also alot of us get together on Thursday nights at wings n more if u were interested

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thaks again! Sweet Jon, I should probably wait til I get my exhaust and and cai before I tune huh?? Another question, (as you can see I'm not as knowledgeable in cars as some other things), whats the significance of a catch can and what does it do? Who is Johan and what does the tune usually run in price? Hell yea I'm always down for some wings, where do you guys usually go? I just purchased two new Nitto NT 420's and got em' put on yesterday. Getting the rears done in a couple of weeks. got to save up some more cash....:( **** those good year run flats!! On that note, **** goodyear period!! LOL

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thaks again! Sweet Jon, I should probably wait til I get my exhaust and and cai before I tune huh?? Another question, (as you can see I'm not as knowledgeable in cars as some other things), whats the significance of a catch can and what does it do? Who is Johan and what does the tune usually run in price? Hell yea I'm always down for some wings, where do you guys usually go? I just purchased two new Nitto NT 420's and got em' put on yesterday. Getting the rears done in a couple of weeks. got to save up some more cash....:( **** those good year run flats!! On that note, **** goodyear period!! LOL
On a race car, a catch can holds oil that comes out of the breather on the valve cover when running a car hard.

It can also be called a puke tank,as the engine sometimes pukes oil out around corners. The oil collected in here can be returned to the engine, or drained after the race.Johan works for diablo I believe and he is the expert on tunes for the jeeps the best but I currently don't have exhaust I just have a cai and 180 stat and my catch can is on the way lol but I'm not sure of the price of the tune you could prob find the price somewhere on the forum, but we meet at wings and more on 249 and spring cypress around 9pm!! But nice I'm ready to get rid of these goodyears also ughh !! Il pm u my number just in case if you wanna come Thursday seeing as I'm the only jeep there lol

·
Registered
770 Posts
SW Side - Richmond Rosenberg area here. The first Saturday of each month is Coffee and Cars up at Vintage Park. You can also check spacecitylx as they do a lot around the city. I think Lonestar Mopar Fest is this coming Saturday out at Sealy... racing, car show and just good ole fashion hanging out with other Mopar fans alike!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome from Spring Branch/ Memorial. Like Chris mentioned, Lone Star Mopar Fest is coming up on the 15th so come on out if you can.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Welcome from the NW side of Houston.... =) we are getting quite a few guys from the H on here now...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome yea ima try and make it out there! It sounds bad ass!

·
Registered
487 Posts
On a race car, a catch can holds oil that comes out of the breather on the valve cover when running a car hard.

It can also be called a puke tank,as the engine sometimes pukes oil out around corners. The oil collected in here can be returned to the engine, or drained after the race.Johan works for diablo I believe and he is the expert on tunes for the jeeps the best but I currently don't have exhaust I just have a cai and 180 stat and my catch can is on the way lol but I'm not sure of the price of the tune you could prob find the price somewhere on the forum, but we meet at wings and more on 249 and spring cypress around 9pm!! But nice I'm ready to get rid of these goodyears also ughh !! Il pm u my number just in case if you wanna come Thursday seeing as I'm the only jeep there lol

Dude I literally live 2 miles away off of spring cypress and avenfield. Right before that new light on spring cypress going towards grant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts