Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a 3rd gen 8gb iPod video and an old Nano I used to use in my Jeep with no problems. Now have a new 4th gen 32gb. I loaded up some music and plug it into the Jeep. I get a message like "please wait for communication" or something like that comes up. Sometimes it will connect after a while,sometimes it won't.
When it does connect,it will play a song and I'm like,sweet..finally. If I change to the next song with the steering control,the track number will change but nothing else will. After that I get a communications error notice,and it becomes disconnected.
If I let the first song play till the end,the next song comes on but the track number doesn't advance.
WTH is going on here?!?
I'm really getting pissy about this,as you know iPods and music are not cheap. I updated my Mygig software earlier this year,and the Ipod was bought in June.But I just started to use it.
I have an '09 that came with the Ipod cable already.

Any help please before I break something!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some looking around and saw that someone had a similar issue. After turning off the Ipod and then connecting it,they said it worked for them. Well,I did this one time and it worked fine for 2-3 songs. Steering control actually changed songs and all.
Then all of a sudden,it became disconnected again,jumping to AM radio. Has not connected since then.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still having this issue here,it likes to connect,play the majority of a song and become disconnected. A few minutes later it will connect as the ipod light comes on and lets me know it's back on line. I'm gonna reload the latest software for the mygig as well as the latest ipod software.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Maybe something is up with your ipod connect wire? Have you tried your ipod in someone elses jeep with the connector? I know it sucks when your stuff doesnt work but what about uploading it to the HD in the jeep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts