Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Jumping on here to learn what things to look for in aging SRT8's. Looking to buy used around $20-25,000 with as low mileage as possible. Are there consistent problems certain model years? How can I tell if it has been abused mechanically? I am not mechanically inclined, don't even change my oil. Are they expensive to have work done on?

Thank you.

-Cal

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8.htm has lots of info about each model year and the differences.

As for common problems none are particular to any year that I know of its was the entire run so just have to find one without them or deal. Biggest complaint was a vibration at 70.

As for the one you find have a mechanic you trust check it out, not sure about maintenance cost since I do my own.

Try and look for one in the classifieds. Mostly good people hear and you should be able to easily get info about the jeep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.