Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made the decision to go with the look and not functionality when I tinted my headlights. Headlights look great and have a bad ass look, but now winter is rapidly approaching and day turns to night much quicker here in Wisconsin. I was hoping someone else may have made the same decision that might have some insight on how to improve lighting. I was thinking about getting another set of headlights so I can swap them out for the winter months and get the light back for the time being. Otherwise I was wondering if a set of HID fogs would be strong enough to make up for the tint in the headlights. I have a set of covers for the fogs so I can remove them when it gets dark and the lenses are clear.
Any imput would be great!

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I vote for a spare set of headlights. Brighter fogs might just blind other drivers, and may be aimed too low to be of any real use to you. I have HID fogs on mine, they are bright, but the fixture just doesnt project the light far enough to use only the fogs.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Seems like a spare set of headlights for winter would be your best bet...

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my thought also. The HID's are so bright in the fogs, it would not be fun to be in front of me!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
You already have HID low beams? I'd say a new set of bulbs then. Look for a bulb with the most lumens, light output. Usually around the 4300k range.

If you don't have HID low beams then install them.

As far as HID in the foglight housing it's not too bad. I run 8000k low and fogs. I've maybe been flashed twice in the many years of running them. The light is more scattered, but I can definitely tell the difference without them on. I like how they give more light to the surrounding area, works great with 5% tinted windows

1 - 5 of 5 Posts