Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

My name is Mike and I have always been a fan of the Jeep SRT. I have been lurking around in forums and such and finally decided to sign up. I don't own one (yet), I currently drive an '04 GMC Yukon Denali. The car is great, but I want to step it up soon with some more power and a real 4x4 instead of the electronically managed AWD that the Denali has.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Hello guys!

My name is Mike and I have always been a fan of the Jeep SRT. I have been lurking around in forums and such and finally decided to sign up. I don't own one (yet), I currently drive an '04 GMC Yukon Denali. The car is great, but I want to step it up soon with some more power and a real 4x4 instead of the electronically managed AWD that the Denali has.

Welcome! Unfortunately the WK1 06-10 Jeep SRT8 has an equally annoying electronically controlled AWD system. Its 90% RWD, 10% FWD until the wheels spin......then it can be as much as 60% RWD, 40% FWD. The 2012 WK2 SRT8 has a knob that allows you to select between 65%/35% R/F in Sport and Track mode, and 50%/50% R/F in snow mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh! I had thought that you had some sort of control over where you wanted the power to go. I have seen a few of the WK1's in snow and the performance is not bad at all. I am looking to buy a used one preferably an 09-10. Which year did they introduce the HID's as an option?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Oh! I had thought that you had some sort of control over where you wanted the power to go. I have seen a few of the WK1's in snow and the performance is not bad at all. I am looking to buy a used one preferably an 09-10. Which year did they introduce the HID's as an option?

Hahaha, these things are mediocre at best in the snow without snow tires. You essentially have to "drift" your way around, just to get power going to the front wheels. With snow tires, you have the perfect ballance of slip and grip. 08 was the first year for HID option.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. There is a wkjeeps website that explains all the differences between the model years if you would like to know in full detail. Unfortunately I'm on my phone and I'm too lazy to search for it but I'd you search differences between model years on this forum the first thread will have it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.