Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my Audi A8L for a 2010 Modern Blue SRT8 with 16,000 miles!!! Love the Car but having problems with the brakes squealing and the sound of the horn needs to go..... help Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Look at that antenna!! That is one virgin fresh ride, very nice. The brakes squeal now and again. What's wrong with the horn? Very nice ride. Congrats and welcome!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: 1badfriscobz'sSRT8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks....looking into the pads.... brought it to the dealer and they kept trying to tell me nothing was wrong and that is the way the brakes are supposed to sound... the horn on the other hand sounds pretty gay... is there a way to change that?

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I use Stoptech pads and R1 discs, still squeal from time to time. I know the brake noise sucks, but it may not be worth spending the money. After all I spent $600+ with little to no help. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Go out in your new sweet ass ride, find a nice back road, and do 3 to 5 100-0 full stops. Brake as hard as you can before the abs engages. After drive to 10 minutes without using the brakes to allow them to cool down. Bedding them in might make the squeal go away. It's ok if you see a lot of smoke on the 3rd or forth time, that's what they are suppose to do. These brakes are meant do be abused. They like it.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Welcome! Love San Francisco, awesome city.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
welcome to the family , IMHO nothing will stop the brakes from squealing except swapping them out

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
^^ +2 My RS6's brakes squealed like a stuck pig, much worse than the SRT/8's.

On the horn, isn't it appropriate for San Fran?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
^^ +2 My RS6's brakes squealed like a stuck pig, much worse than the SRT/8's.

On the horn, isn't it appropriate for San Fran?
Hehehehehehe

Borla S
Volant CAI
BT Can
Eibach
Half-debadged

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
The dealer said that's the way the brakes are supposed to sound. :rofl: that's funny.

But congrats on the trade in, MB is such a nice color!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Really though, they do squeal. It seems to be a downfall of the brakes.
I have asked this question before and one person will say "buy this! Replace that!"........then two seconds later someone will post "That doesn't work!".
My advice is to ride those brakes until they are shot then get some pads that reduce dust.

Borla S
Volant CAI
BT Can
Eibach
Half-debadged

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have basically the same ride except 2009 with 30K miles. It is one sweet color. Go to Pepboys and pick up a stubby rubber antenna for like 12 bucks. Looks 1000x better.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Are you talking about the horn sound when setting the alarm from your remote? If so, go into your settings on your dash...under your speeometer. There's a setting in there to turn horn off.

·
Registered
806 Posts
isnt it a dual horn? maybe only one is working?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Don't beep it........OR.........go order one from Griots.

Borla S
Volant CAI
BT Can
Eibach
Half-debadged

1 - 20 of 32 Posts