Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced my plugs with e3's, now randomly in drive at idle it stalls. happened twice now, it idles fine in park and drives fine. My cel is not on and my trinity doesn't pick up any codes. Tried reseting the computer and reloading the tune.The coils are on tight as well.
any know whats going on?

Thanks in advanced
Brad

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I know the OEM plugs need to be torque to spec because of a tapered design. Are the E3s torqued properly? Also, are they gaped correctly? All plug wires damage free and seated (plugged in) properly?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
^ that makes sense as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks guys, i may have to replace them. ive never had a car that has been picky in what plugs it has as long as there gap'd correct. it just seems like a waste when the e3's do make it run smoother and seem to make more power ( at least it feels like it) i'm going to run them a few more days and see if it contiunes as it has not done it again since i reloaded the tune.

Thanks again
Brad

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a known issue amongst certain spark plugs. Back in the day it was the Bosch +4 plugs
Resistance issues.
Replace with factory plugs or the NGK Iridiums.

-"Just changed plugs
And it wasn't there before.....

Undo.

-Jim
Hemi Shop Director
That was the fix, i replaced them with ngk iridiums and took back the e3's.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.