Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Spare yourself 4:50 minutes of your life and skip to 4:55. All you miss is the guy saying in a very long story "I removed the mufflers". Great find Brooksie it actually sounds really good. If I had a 2012 I might try it out, but I wouldn't like cutting the right muffler off. I don't like how hes running without mufflers now because the two gaping holes in the bumper look funny but again sounds awesome.

Oh and it looks like the turning radius on the WK2s is just as bad as the WK1s haha

· That guy..
1,281 Posts
I think it sounded like crap.. But him talking in the video was pretty funny..

"I cut the f'n thing off"

Reactions: Colt

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
When I did mine I took the center resonator with the factory crossover out and ran 3" stainless all the way back and kept the valves and left the rear cats.I'm going back this week to take out the rear cats as he did and replacing them with Magnaflow type stainless rear cats for that throat rumble sound.I worry about drone whenever I'm doing shit like this.He won't have a problem with that he left the valves in as well.I always have respect for dudes like this guy and Marco with the balls of doing something like this thats how I learn to take a shot at it.You have to figure someone should have had a aftermarket system out already But I'm sure they are dicking around with the valve system.Like I told you guys before the exhaust guy I use is the top of the chain racing Baja,Race ,Show car He said it is the finest stainless exhaust valve system he has ever seen that comes in the new jeep and like others mention it has to do with the ECO and drone.I will do my thing next week and with post videos of the new sound

· Registered
130 Posts
I think I'll have to hold my opinion on this guy's exhaust mod until I see/hear the final version with the straight pipes that he says will be added. I admire him for having no fear about cutting off the resonators, though. It was kinda funny how his camera almost gets run over by 2 cars the second he drives away.

Anyway, it appears that we're starting to get some real world input on exhaust mods (better than waiting for the aftermarket if they'll be taking a long time). From what I can tell, it appears the valves may need to stay in the exhaust pipe somewhere to avoid either a drone, loss of back pressure (and torque) and to aid the MDS/ECO system for better mileage. This is based upon limited "testers" so far and any or all of those things may need further validation. I don't mind the concept of the valve as it saves me from the "other" loud noise I get from the passenger seat whenever I put an exhaust on that is too loud or drones. And, it may be that the aftermarket will come out with a cat back design for us that will include valves or require the stock valves to be cut off and reused in the new system (possibly clamped on). As I've said before, I would also love to see an aftermarket design that would include a new rear valance (either a new bumper cover or moding the existing cover) to allow a center exit exhaust. I'm sure it can be done but who will be the first?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.