Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to finally get a GCSRT8 after drooling for years over them, and I picked up a clean one-owner black 2008 today. I'm happy to see there are a lot of owners on here from the metro DC area. I wouldn't mind some advice on first mods, as it is 100% stock. My budget is $2-3k, and I'll be doing all the installs myself. Any advice? I assume exhaust, CAI, tuner. I also see a lot of catch can's, is there a particular reason with these motors? I previously saw one with the Corsa exhaust that sounded pretty sweet, but not sure if there are better and equally drone-free (relatively) options out there. Also, is running amplifier wires to the engine bay and head unit easy in these, or am I better off taking it in to a shop? I've installed in most of my previous cars, but this is my nicest ride to date and I'd like to keep it that way. Anyhow, i look forward to being on here alot.

· Registered
8,340 Posts
Welcome from another marylander! Big meet coming up on the 28th.... We'll make you spend lots of money!!! :D

Btw, catch can separates contaminates from the oil in our beasts and are vital with CAI and should come stock... So along with that a 180 tstat, and a tuner and cmr tune you will be good to go. and as to exhaust most go with corsa or borla s, borla s is loud and obnoxious all the time, and corsa is loud at WOT... I went bith Borla.. haha :D

· Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Weclome from Alexandria VA... hope you can make the meet.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. My girlfriend and I will both be going to the meet on the 28th. We're anxious to see everyone's rides. I was up till 4am reading these forums...the addiction has begun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.