Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
That's Pennzoil Ultra ... it's been out for awhile. They don't show 10w-40 on their website. I'm a recent Pennzoil convert..

I believe Ultra is the factory fill for Ferrari's.. and if I'm not mistaken, Nissan GT-R's.

good stuff... is this a special grade for Mopar?

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a special blend from mopar who worked closely with Shell to make this oil just for the 2012 6.4 srt 8 engines..part# 68171067pa..list for $9.15 per qt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's Pennzoil Ultra ... it's been out for awhile. They don't show 10w-40 on their website. I'm a recent Pennzoil convert..

I believe Ultra is the factory fill for Ferrari's.. and if I'm not mistaken, Nissan GT-R's.

good stuff... is this a special grade for Mopar?

yes you are correct..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
784 Posts
Has anyone used this oil on a wk1 and if so did u notice a difference ?
When I feel lazy I let the dealership put my oil in for me and they only charge me like $12 for labor but when I brought them mobil1, they forgot to put it in and put in the penzoil. Not that big of a difference with everything. I have only tried it once but I think I will go back to mobil1 just because I like it. Heard that it works good but no real big difference.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone used this oil on a wk1 and if so did u notice a difference ?
I doubt you will feel a diffrence,but since Mopar discontinued the mobile 1 0-40w and superceeded it with the penzoil 5-40w in the mornings at cold start my engine ticks for a second or 2 before quieting down & I never recalled the mobile 1 0-40w ever doing that.which makes sense being 0w cold it will pass thru oil gallies quicker during cold starts thus getting to the upper valve train quicker.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I gave it a shot & thought I'd give a feed back, since it seems like I'm the first here to try it..like I thought,it took away that cold start ticking noise I was getting with the 5-40w penzoil.other then that no real diffrence..I just like tha fact that the chrysler/ Mopar engineers got together with Shell to create this 0-40w specificlly for the new 6.4L high performance SRT Engines.

The new 2012 6.4 liter SRT engines have been specified to use SAE 0W-40 grade motor oil. As part of
this change, the Chrysler Technical team has worked closely with our lubricants supplier, Shell, to
formulate a unique new formula specifically designed to meet the needs of the 2012 6.4L SRT engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.