Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a for sale thread for a set of tires I have and two Magnaflow mufflers I took off of my Jeep. I wanted $100 for the mufflers local sale, a member "06SRT24" from Massachusetts private messaged me about shipping them. I explained that I really did not want to ship them as it would be costly for a $100 mufflers but that I would take them to the UPS store and get a quote for the shipping and if he was alright with the price then I would ship them out. So on 11/26 I went and got the quote of $56 shipped with them packing it up for me, we exchanged text messages via cell phone and he said the quote was fair as it is still cheaper than buying new and he would send me $180 for the mufflers and the time and travel to the UPS store. So after having the girl at the store measure and weigh the mufflers and find a box to fit them in I layed out the $56 to cover the shipping and had them shipped and provided him with the tracking number. I've never sold anything to anyone where I shipped before I received the funds but this time I did thinking "it's a measly set of mufflers for $100 plus shipping this guy won't pull a d bag move for a set of used mufflers". Well I was wrong, he told me he just got to Florida and would get online down there to paypal the funds this on 11/26 later that night no money then on 11/27 he tells me hes not able to get online with his hotel's wifi and that he would have his girlfriend back home in Mass go on and send the funds Monday morning 11/28. So on 11/29 he texts me saying that the payment will go through today 11/29. Now it's 11/30 and still no payment he texts me saying hes boarding his flight home and will do it himself because his girlfriend never did, now it's 7:05 pm and he texts me saying hes home and about to send the money. That was the last I've heard from him, he will not answer my calls or text messages. I should have known better than to ship out the parts without payment first but I did being a nice guy and got the shaft for it.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Hopefully this is just a matter of miscommunication. He was last online November 25th and may not have had a chance to clear this up. I would suggest sending him a PM with a link to this thread so he'll have the opportunity to explain. Good luck in reaching a satisfactory resolution.

Bernie

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
06SRT24, you've been in the thread for half an hour now, so you are aware of the problem. It'd be nice if you made a comment in hopes of getting this sorted out. You're not obligated to, but it is helpful. Thanks!

Bernie

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
As of just now the payment is under review by paypal awaiting clearance.
Good to hear and please update your thread once it's settled.

Bernie

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
The payment has now cleared, thank you Bernie for the help.
Good to hear, but the resolution was between you two and it's always a good thing when it works out this way.

Bernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts