Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 SRT has everything except towing and rear DVD. Well I need to tow now. Fairly light load 2000-3000lb max, 6x12 enclosed trailer with single atv and gear inside. Trailer is about 12-1300lbs atv is 950lbs and some gear.What is involved and how much is it going to cost, after market or factory?
For this light load I don't think I need the extra cooling that came from the factory if I got the towing package.

- What parts do I need.... hitch, wiring harness and extended srt cover on the rear bumper, anything else?

- Cost for parts and labor, factory or aftermarket? And is it fairly easy, my buddies shop can do it instead of the dealer?

- Can I use existing bumper, just need the extended srt cover? Is there a spot in the rear bumper to flush mount them trailer light plug-in harness?

Anyone ever don't it, help me out, I am not super mechanically inclined.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2017 SRT has everything except towing and rear DVD. Well I need to tow now. Fairly light load 2000-3000lb max, 6x12 enclosed trailer with single atv and gear inside. Trailer is about 12-1300lbs atv is 950lbs and some gear.What is involved and how much is it going to cost, after market or factory?
For this light load I don't think I need the extra cooling that came from the factory if I got the towing package.

- What parts do I need.... hitch, wiring harness and extended srt cover on the rear bumper, anything else?

- Cost for parts and labor, factory or aftermarket? And is it fairly easy, my buddies shop can do it instead of the dealer?

- Can I use existing bumper, just need the extended srt cover? Is there a spot in the rear bumper to flush mount them trailer light plug-in harness?

Anyone ever don't it, help me out, I am not super mechanically inclined.
Thanks!!!
Welp, I see this has some dust on it, so I dunno if you ever got it done, but I just did. The hitch was in the 2-300 range- I forget - and the dealer charged me $544 to install it, order and install the wiring plug for the hitch and program it to the body control module.

Oh yeah and to leave my rear fender flares loose and uneven

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welp, I see this has some dust on it, so I dunno if you ever got it done, but I just did. The hitch was in the 2-300 range- I forget - and the dealer charged me $544 to install it, order and install the wiring plug for the hitch and program it to the body control module.

Oh yeah and to leave my rear fender flares loose and uneven

Awesome info, thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You’re welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts