Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was adjusting my coilovers tonight and found that my front left wheel will not drop when I adjust my coilovers. What would cause my suspension to not droop like the right side does? Any ideas?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
Are the bumpstops the same size on both sides Phil?

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the bumpstops the same size on both sides Phil?
There are bump stops on the top of each strut, but they are not fixed. There are 2 lock collars that are for the spring compression, and one lock collar for the ride height. On the right side when I adjust the height, I adjust the dampening to soft, loosen the ride height lock collar and spin the strut. When I spin the strut the wheel moves down and spring compression doesn't change. On the left side when it spin the strut, the left wheel does not drop down. So the spring compresses and makes the strut super hard to spin. The thing is it worked fine the other day when I was lowering it back down from winter mode to summer mode. This blows.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
There are bump stops on the top of each strut, but they are not fixed. There are 2 lock collars that are for the spring compression, and one lock collar for the ride height. On the right side when I adjust the height, I adjust the dampening to soft, loosen the ride height lock collar and spin the strut. When I spin the strut the wheel moves down and spring compression doesn't change. On the left side when it spin the strut, the left wheel does not drop down. So the spring compresses and makes the strut super hard to spin. The thing is it worked fine the other day when I was lowering it back down from winter mode to summer mode. This blows.
Oh I see.... Oh man it sounds too me like maybe something got stripped and you just keep turning the strut ,but it will not go down cuz the threads could be damaged with on the locking collar or on the agri it self. I would inspect that side very carefully and check to make sure nothing is stripped bro... Maybe CMN1 will see this thread.... Let us know what you find....

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The strut is moving so it's not stripped. I just have to keep adjusting the spring perch, which severly limits the suspension travel and causes it to bottom out faster.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No ideas about this?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
As far as I know, theres only a handful guys running the coilovers... Gonna be tough to trouble shoot I would think. GL

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would update this just in case someone else runs into the same issue. I tried my best to level it out when I had the issue with the corner not drooping like it was supposed to. Drove it around and got it washed a few times, put it up on jackstands to change my oil and the wheel was drooping where it was supposed to. So I adjusted the spring compression to where it was supposed to be and set the ride height accordingly. Now she's riding much better. I think that possibly there was some salt and/or gunk in the bushings and they were just stuck. Everything is good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts