Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am new to the SRT8 Jeep fourm. I purchased a second family car and it looks like I will be in need of a set of new tires. I priced out the Good Year replacement run flat tires and holy crap, I can buy a set for my John Deere cheaper. Any suggestions on size and brands without busting the bank. I would like to stay the same width or wider? I live in Michigan, need a great 4 season tire. Great fourm and thank you for your help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Run some searches....but the Toyo STII seems to be a really popular tire. Its what I'm going with as an all season.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the Vreds and really like them, but they need replacing. Where's the cheapest place to get a set of Toyos?

Eric

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Toyo Proxes STII - and go slightly wider to a 275 front and 315 rear. It shouldnt run you more than 1400 installed from a local shop but you can buy online for a lot cheaper !

Hope it helps

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
vreds FTW!!!

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
All season I would go with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS or the Toyo Proxes ST II.

Vreds are great...but are a summer only tire.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
I've had the Vreds for a while now, they are pretty bad in wet weather. Forget about snow. Looking for the new Nitto 420S or Toyos next.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
vreds, bad in wet weather? thats the second person ive seen in the past week say they were bad in anything but dry....hmmm

got my toyo st2 in the 275/315 sizes installed for 950 cash. great tires and aggressive pattern to boot. more readlily available than the vreds but theyre all over the place if you look. a dealer is about 10 minutes from me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your help. I think im am going with the Continental Extreme DSW. Any thoughts.

Thank you

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for all your help. I think im am going with the Continental Extreme DSW. Any thoughts.

Thank you
Go to discounttire.com (in Michigan) since they just got 8 of the fronts in stock last Friday (-2 for me of course).

No tax and no shipping, $1150.50 shipped and that's with Road Hazard full replacement if anything happens to them.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Go to discounttire.com (in Michigan) since they just got 8 of the fronts in stock last Friday (-2 for me of course).

No tax and no shipping, $1150.50 shipped and that's with Road Hazard full replacement if anything happens to them.

Good Luck!!

When did you buy yours from discount tire? Just tried looking on the website and it still says the front's are on backorder.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Good Luck!!
Thank you, yes I called them today and they are tagging a set for me..

·
Registered
179 Posts
When did you buy yours from discount tire? Just tried looking on the website and it still says the front's are on backorder.....
I ordered mine last Wednesday, they received and shipped them Friday and they arrived in CT today.

Call them at 800-707-8473. . . .don't rely on the web site.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thank you, yes I called them today and they are tagging a set for me..
Tough tires to find (the 275/40R20 fronts), I've been searching for 3 weeks and just got lucky by calling them.

Congrats!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
my local shop have them in stock. 1150 installed. i paid 1000 for the fronts $hityears less than 5 months ago. is it okay if the tires were wider? do you just install them?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts