Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to just install a cam mainly for sound and some power gains. i would wantto gain some low end tq (stop light to stoplight, 1/8 mile kind of stuff). i want a cam that lopes pretty good and sounds aggressive. this is my daily driver, but i wont mind an agressive cam. only mods i have are a 40series dual in dual out flowmaster exhaust. i know i will need to get new springs but what else will i need to get? i was thinking about the PPPstage 2 cam. thanks for the help.

( l i like this one a lot)

(sound like this etc....)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Hit up Andy u wont be disappointed

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts

·
Registered
11,229 Posts

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
He could always get the 112 LSA little boy.....

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
im looking to just install a cam mainly for sound and some power gains. i would wantto gain some low end tq (stop light to stoplight, 1/8 mile kind of stuff). i want a cam that lopes pretty good and sounds aggressive. this is my daily driver, but i wont mind an agressive cam. only mods i have are a 40series dual in dual out flowmaster exhaust. i know i will need to get new springs but what else will i need to get? i was thinking about the PPPstage 2 cam. thanks for the help.

LewisPerformanceMachine Jeep SRT8 cam idle vid - YouTube ( l i like this one a lot)

Cam'd Jeep SRT8 with QTP Electric Cutouts - YouTube (sound like this etc....)

Most, if not all the of the cams that have the lope you want, also require a 2800 stall converter or higher.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
He could run the Lil Boy with a 112Lsa to get some agreesive Lope IMO - no converter required.

I would suggest sending Andy a PM - he was awesome to deal with and set me up with wicked specs that matched my exact needs.

Just have to find the time now :(

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywqFsfe3TqQ( l i like this one a lot)

Cam'd Jeep SRT8 with QTP Electric Cutouts - YouTube (sound like this etc....)
Man, I haven't watched my video in forever. Ahhhh.... the days of running NA.:lol: I'm still running that cam in my Turbo setup too. It's a great cam and you'll love it. Would suggest springs and push rods though and a converter will for sure wake it up even more. Good luck in your build.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
My vote is lilboy fri cam. After all the research I did, mine is sitting in the house waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man, I haven't watched my video in forever. Ahhhh.... the days of running NA.:lol: I'm still running that cam in my Turbo setup too. It's a great cam and you'll love it. Would suggest springs and push rods though and a converter will for sure wake it up even more. Good luck in your build.
do you have some links to where i can pick up the ppp2 cam,some springs, and push rods, along with the correct converter?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
You should do yourself a favor and def check out HHP's cams and products. Their R series cams are impressive. I will post up a sound clip of my HHp cam for a sound clip. I didn't want a large loop and it still sounds nasty. Check them all out before you decide

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should do yourself a favor and def check out HHP's cams and products. Their R series cams are impressive. I will post up a sound clip of my HHp cam for a sound clip. I didn't want a large loop and it still sounds nasty. Check them all out before you decide
woud like to see a hear a video clip. my problem is there is not shop around here wth a dyno, the clsest one is like 4 hrs away. so im wondering if i hav the cam installed will the jeep run ok? can i do email tunes with johan to get it dialed in?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Who would be installing the cam? What ever cam you choose to go with, you should def, talk to them and have them suggest all install set ups and by who if possible. I believe HHP sets you up with a tune. Cam set up is important, if that's not right, then nothing will be.

Here is a initial start up of my cam, I will get a better one put up with the set up dialed in. Need to go to around one min for the loop.
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h426/Ltleo/photobucket-21963-1319519686828.mp4

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.