Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello so I recently purchased my 2008 jeep. I recently took it on my road trip from sacramento to Las vegas. The only thing I didn't like was that when I would hit a bump my rear would make this really loud banging noise like I was bottoming out on something. Is there anyway I can check the springs to know if i'm riding on stock springs or lowered springs. It looks lowered but i'm not 100% sure. Any helps thanks

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Check your exhaust system going over the rear axle to see if it's hitting. Does it have a stock exhaust or aftermarket that you know of? Post a pic up of your Jeep and we can usually tell if it's lowered or not.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Exactly what Harrison said, but if it wasn't your exhaust, you were definitely bottoming out.

Do you know if your jeep is lowered?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I checked and I'm pretty sure I'm on stock suspension. I also found out the problem was my exhaust hitting the rear axle. Is there a fix to this problem thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ya. It looks upside down to me too (shouldn't the tight coils be on top?). It almost looks like the Eibach cup with no bump stop in it (?).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply's. Anyone else know what brand they might be? And if there installed correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts