Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my turbo build will begin next month... just getting together the last couple little pieces i need... but my hold up right now is what injectors to go with... i'm going to be running a single 68mm turbo set up. i have a local guy doing the turbo for me. ( was in hot rod magazine for quickest 6 cylinder *white camaro running 10.60's* :eek: ) pretty sweet... but bottom line is... he knows the ins and outs of the turbo systems. but i know you guys will be much more helpful with choosing the proper injectors. i plan on running around 8 PSI... thank you in advance for any help

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
What size injectors are you running now?

Most are running 80lb injectors

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What size injectors are you running now?

Most are running 80lb injectors
i need to update my signature... it now has the stock injectors in it. and also what's the plugs guys are using on the FI beasts on here...? i remember reading something on different plugs...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
what about brand...? any tips? i've been shopping around the internet for a couple of weeks now...
Ford 80's and 1 step colder NGK iridiums are what I run. Make sure to gap them down around .030 or even tighter around .027 for 10+psi.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Ford 80's and 1 step colder NGK iridiums are what I run. Make sure to gap them down around .030 or even tighter around .027 for 10+psi.
I thought that for every 100 hp you make you need to go one step colder on the plugs Chris. So shouldn't you be going to 2 steps colder maybe?

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
That's just a general rule of thumb. Harrison runs the same plugs and has made 865 with no spark blowout. If you gap them down tight they are fine.

Reactions: Knuckles

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so... would it be a "safer" bet to run the 2 step colder plugs? and i guess what difference would there really be in running the 2 step colder compared to the one step gapped down?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
What you doing for Fuel pump ? I run Brisk RR14's ( Two step) Gaped at .32 , I would go 2 step as you would want to crank that bad boy out for sure .

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What you doing for Fuel pump ? I run Brisk RR14's ( Two step) Gaped at .32 , I would go 2 step as you would want to crank that bad boy out for sure .
it has dual walboros on there currently... i'm not positive on how they are running or the size of them... both on all the time or what...or i have seen people running a hobbs switch?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Cool , Most likely you are running two walblro 255 , same set up I am running basically , as i got mine from stage 6 , running on a Hob switch activating the second pump @ 3 psi .

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool , Most likely you are running two walblro 255 , same set up I am running basically , as i got mine from stage 6 , running on a Hob switch activating the second pump @ 3 psi .
ok cool... now would they have disabled that hob switch or just completely removed it when they took the s/c off? i do remember the dealership saying i have above average fuel pressure. if i need to get one... any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
It may still be hooked up but obviously wouldn't kick the 2nd pump on without boost. Look for the round black switch wired in near your battery. That's usually where it would mount.

Reactions: pimpski25

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
It may still be hooked up but obviously wouldn't kick the 2nd pump on without boost. Look for the round black switch wired in near your battery. That's usually where it would mount.
It would probably be near the firewall on the driver side and would be connected to the brake booster hose and would be tapping into a splitter.

Reactions: pimpski25

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the tips guys... i'm heading out into the garage now...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the fuel pressure is unrelated to the number of pumps and entirely related to the fuel pressure regulator. Additional pumps just allow you to maintain pressure, the fpr controls the pressure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.