Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

sorry if this thread is reposted but i think its safe to say the search function on this site isnt the greatest. Nevertheless, I was talking to my uncle about PC'd my rims and trim. He came through within an hour. A lot of places I looked at wanted $120 ish per rim. I am getting everything done for $300.

My main concern is HOW DO I PULL OFF MY TRIM PIECES? i NEED THE DOOR TRIM, REAR TRIM, AND FRONT LOWER TRIM. AND JEEP LOGOS.

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS BEFORE? WHATS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT AND THEN PUT IT BACK ON??

ANY REALLY FAST RESPONSES WOULD BE AWESOME BC IM BRINGING IN PIECES TONIGHT!!!

THANKS!!!!

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Heat gun (not a hair dryer), and your fingers unfortunately. The Jeep logos will probably bend and get destroyed, so best bet is delete them or buy new ones. The front trim is a little tricky, be careful of the edges against the bumper opening. Some blue bodywork tape would help prvent scratches. The front is held down with 3M tape, just work the heat gun along as you pull on the trim. Be very careful not to sit in one spot too long with the heat gun or you will melt the paint, or trim.
I've never removed them, but I think the window moldings just pull off. The quarter trim is probably going to be the hardest to remove, and be very careful as this peice is only sold with the quarter window through Jeep. I've heard the window moldings bend really easy.
I've never removed the body side moldings, so I cant help you there.

You will also need some adhesive remover to get the tape residue off from the emblems and front trim.

BTW: The emblems and trim pieces are all plastic, they will need to be prepped and painted. I don't think you can PC plastic.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I removed all my Jeep logos with dental floss. run it between the body and the emblem and the wax helps protect the paint/clear from scratches. it will take a few pieces.

the door trim, do you mean the trim just up by the windows? The body moldings at the bottom just takes something to pry them off with. Use something plastic so it doesn't scratch the paint and they pop off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts