Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone knew a exhaust shop in chicago, that can cut of my corsa tips and install my 5" OEM looks PERFECTLY straight!?

Thanks

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Just got to Velasquez Mufflers as they are all over the city bro... I had mine done at Iggies and they were not put on straight......

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank, Knucks. I was just under there looking at it and may not be as straight forward once the 4" tips are cut off.

Possibly having to make a custom piece to make em sit straight and flush, thats why I am looking for a reference!

Maybe I will just stop by and talk to someone at valasquez and see what they think.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Thank, Knucks. I was just under there looking at it and may not be as straight forward once the 4" tips are cut off.

Possibly having to make a custom piece to make em sit straight and flush, thats why I am looking for a reference!

Maybe I will just stop by and talk to someone at valasquez and see what they think.
The Corsa tips are just tack welded on so there is no need to cut them off. If you like they can trim a little off of your tain pipes once the tips are off the jeep. Once the tailpipes are exposed they will pop your 5" tips on and will have you look at them as well and they will tack weld them first. Next you can look at them again and if they are fine they will fully weld them for you. I wish I would have gone there instead of Iggies..

Reactions: JJJ93z

·
Registered
792 Posts
+1 on Velasquez mufflers. That's where I went to get my exhaust put in. Also will be going back next week to get my bung put in for my wideband. Few of my guys have gotten tips put on. I went to the one on N. Laramie Ave. Jose is the manager talk to him first and see what's good.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just got myself some DCspecial 5" tips, and I hit up Velasquez mufflers for pricing over the weekend and they gave me a pretty good quote and the manager assured me he would do everything to make me a happy customer, to bad I had to work or else my tips would have been on.....

Reactions: JJJ93z

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm talking about the one close by Archer and Cicero...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Too many Velazquez places. lol. Wonder if there are the same company. I'll have to ask. I found my place when I was looking to get an exhaust. The web site had all the Velasquez place and that was the closest to the house. I'll give your place (think its the same as Jose) a call see if the pricing is different.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ask for Roberto bro he's the Manager

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally, I would have them TIG'd on with SS. Or I think you can MIG with SS as well. No rust at the weld that way.....

Most will MIG, but may not be setup to MIG in SS.

Or if they do a standard MIG, I would paint the weld right away.

Good call, definitely don't want rust !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.